Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 2 XL doesn't charge anymore

TetraVaal
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Hi there,

Basically as the title said. When I plug my phone to its charger, it doesn't recharge. It could be plugged for hours and will remain dead.I tried pluging the charger into a different outlet, but no luck. I tried cleaning the cable's connector. Again, no luck.

Anyway, my question is: what's the procedure to get it fixed? Do I contact Google? Do I go to a Fido store? Do I go to a UBreakiFix store? The phone is under warranty.

Man I wish I bought an iPhone instead because dealing with repairs with iPhones is much easier because of the Apple Stores....

6 REPLIES 6

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello TetraVaal,

@TetraVaal wrote:....I tried pluging the charger into a different outlet, but no luck. I tried cleaning the cable's connector. Again, no luck.....

Have you tried using a different charging cord and/or a different charger? I remember thinking an old phone of mine wouldn't charge anymore and ended up getting a new phone. Tried to charge the new phone with old charger and cable and new phone didn't charge either. I changed the cord and both my old phone and new one fully charged! You might consider trying a different charging cord and/or charger before taking your phone in to get fixed. Just a thought...

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

TetraVaal
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Hi,

The problem is that the Pixel uses a USB C cable and charger and it's the only device I have with this kind of connector. People at work either use micro-usb or lightning.

Hello again,

Fair enough. However, you might consider trying to find a USB C cable you can test. Some malls, libraries, etc have charging stations with multiple charging options. You don't need to charge the phone overnight; you just need charge long enough to see if it gains any charge. Alternatively, you could consider purchasing an additional charging cord. If the charging issue isn't related to the cord, you would have a spare just in case.

It just seems a shame to be without your phone for a period of time if it was a simple fix...

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

TetraVaal
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

@Cawtaugood suggestion.

I have tried with another USB C cord and charger today, but again, still the same problem.

I have contacted Google Support, so I will have to send my phone to them to get a replacement. If Fido can replace my phone on the spot, obviously that would be a better solution, but something tells me that's not a possibility.

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Just bring it into Fido and grab a loaner phone while Google takes care of your Pixel. I had my pixel xl break and received a new one in about 5 days. Its a very pain free process . No different than an iphone so dont pretend that Apple has the market cornered on customer service.

Hey @TetraVaal

We offer a repair and loaner service through the manufacturer warranty, where you can have your phone dropped off at a Fido store and they'll send it off for repair for you.

The advantage of doing it this way is that they can loan you a different device for a $50 refundable deposit. 

The loaner phone will most likely not be a Google Pixel, but it may be worth checking out which phones they have available to loan at the store closest to you. 

You can check out the stores nearby in our store locator right here

I hope this helps. Smiley