cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 drops network

dont-know
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Got my brand new GS8 with the 10GB deal during Christmas.  I plugged in my old SIM card from my old S6, which was working perfectly fine and getting LTE/LTE+, and the S8 keeps dropping or rotating through LTE/LTE+ and no network.  Same location where everything worked for the S6.  I thought it might be because of my old SIM card, so I swtiched over to the new SIM card which came with the S8, same network problem.

I contacted customer service and after many many hours of trying to reach customer service, then tech support and finally with Rogers, yes Fido tech support is Rogers.  I received a replacement S8.  The network drop persists.

Is anyone experiencing similar network drop issue?  It seems to me that there is less network drop in other locations, but where my S6 was working perfectly fine, the S8 is having issue.

23 REPLIES 23

Hey dont-know! 

Thanks for the update and I am glad your connexion has improved. Do follow up with us if you notice any changes in the weeks to come.

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @dont-know,

Android 8.0 Oreo is out now for the S8, and should fix the issue you have described here.

Can you let us know if you see any improvements following the update?

We're going to take a second look at things with you!

I'm replying to your PM!