cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 texting issue

RB11
I'm a participant level 3

LG G5 does not receive incoming texts sometimes. Factory reset did not resolve the issue. Any solution?

18 REPLIES 18

christine2018
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I've experienced a whole host of issues since I received my G5. 

1.  MMS messages cannot be received or sent
  2. Text messages not sent or delayed for several hours and then later received
  3. Battery would suddenly drain (LG sent a new battery)
  4. GPS signal would drop just randomly

All my apps are updated and I've tried the solutions mentioned in other threads and messages. I haven't tried a third party messaging app yet.

I've had this phone for two years and the most frustrating thing is not being able to send and receive MMS messages, especially since it's part of my plan that I'm paying for. Secondly, communicating with friends and family is frustrating because randomnly I will receive messages out of order or received them delayed as well. My friends and family also receive my messages delayed which have caused a whole lot of issues and miscommunication. I'm not really sure what to do moving forward.

I've lived with this for so long and trying to get around it with Whatsapp, but  guess I'm tired of this, which is why I'm replying to this thread. Suggestions?

Hey @christine2018

This definitely doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want our customers to have while using their services. 

You mentioned already trying some of the solutions on here, but I just want to make sure we didn't miss any troubleshooting steps.

Can you confirm if you've updated the Messaging App and tried resetting the phone to the factory settings? 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @RB11,

Are you using the default LG messaging app? According to @FidoNick  here back in October LG began to roll out an update to the messaging app to address this issue. 

Alternatively you can try using another messaging app and see if it helps, I personally use Android messenger.

McKimmy
I'm a contributor level 1

I have the same issue with my LG G5.....so the update has not worked on all phones.  I am beyond frustrated and find it ridiculous that you should have to use an alternative text messaging app when you pay monthly for that service.

RB11

Hello McKimmy,, 

Please replace the SIM card. I had the same issue. I tried all kind of things i. e. Factory reset, remove unwanted apps, reset the phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the updates, messaging updates, delete and re-add the contact which had the issue and uninstalled and re-installed messaging app.

You can talk to Fido. The will give you back $10 to get the SIM card replaced. 

The Fido's customer service is an excellent. Thank you.

McKimmy

Sadly, I did change my sim card and it is still happening.  

Fletcherx

This issue seems to be common and oddly tied to LTE in some manner, if you go into your phones settings and locate the network settings you should change the network type to the option below the top option (Not LTE) it may actually make a difference.

McKimmy

I just did what you suggested and switched off the LTE and so far it has worked with my test texting.  Will have to wait to see if it works long term, as it was random messages from random people, not one contact. I will keep you posted and thank you very much..I was heading in this afternoon to send off for repair and not very happy about doing so!

I hope @FidoAmanda  is looking into this. 

That's great, McKimmy, happy to hear it helped!

Keep us up-to-date on how it goes with continued testing. 

McKimmy

Well....I thought it helped...but again I missed important messages.  So off to the Fido store I go for the 4th time regarding this issue to put my phone in for repair...and guess what, they don't have any loaner phones and none of the stores in the city do!!!!!  I am so fed up with this phone and missing messages!!! This is beyond ridiculous!!  I can't go without a phone...it's my only source of communication, I can't go without a phone!  I have a dud of a phone and I want it replaced!

RB11

That is very bad. I was wondering that the Fido store did not have a loaner phone in their stock or they did not want to give you one. 

LG after sale service is very bad. They do not want to take responsibility. I had a text dropping issue and a GPS issue. After warranty expired around 2 months, they asked money and no loaner .My whole work is on the cellphone. It is not possible to stay with phone for 3 weeks. Sucks! 

McKimmy

Well the clerk said they had none and she has called around and none of the stores in the area have any loaners.  She said that people keep them. 

Seriously????  

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

It's unfortunate but that happens!

Most importantly did you send your device for repair, and was the store representative able to provide an ETA for your device's repair?

Let us know how it goes MCKimmy.

McKimmy

No I did not send it out....I need a phone. I can't go 10 days without it! I have personal issues happening with my child and need to available to reach.  I pay for a service that I am not getting.

Hey @McKimmy

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing these kinds of issues with your phone. It's very odd that none of the Fido stores in the city would have any loaner phones.

Did you get a chance to call one or two of the stores nearby recently? To see if a loaner phone has been returned?

You can get the contact information for our stores right here

Hey @McKimmy!

Don't forget to let the Community know if Fletcherx's suggestion helped! 

RB11

Talk to Fido. They will reset the switch. See, if that works.

I am going to loose network performance if I disable LTE.

If LTE has the issue, this problem should be with all providers. 

RB11

Hello, does your phone drops texts from iphone or Andriod? Were in the network range during the text dropping? 

Uninstall messaging app's updates

Thank you,