Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 2 XL Screen Issue + Fido return/exchange policy

ahk
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello,

So I got my Panda Google Pixel 2 XL 128GB last night around 6:30, 3-4 hours into using it I get a vertical green line appear on the right hand side of the screen(photos attached). I was told by Google to contact Fido, I contacted Fido and have been advised to bring the phone back to the same store I picked it up from. I will be doing so later today. However, I was also told that Fido's returns and exchange policy is only effective if the call time on the phone is under 30 mins. On Fido's system, my call time on the new Pixel XL is showing 2 days and few hours!!!!! How is this possible Fido?? I have had this phone, as of this writing, for only 12 hours. The only call I made on this device was to Google and that was a 10 min call. Effectively Fido's warranty has already expired!! This is a **bleep** situation for the customer and shows bad management on Fido's side. In this day and age you cannot figure out the accurate call time on a device on your system???!!!

I need a solution and answers!!

download_20171117_095042.jpgdownload_20171117_095046.jpgdownload_20171117_095051.jpgdownload_20171117_095056.jpg

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

ahk

UPDATE:

I would like to thank all the moderators and the people at the Fido Flagship store downtown Montreal for doing a stellar job with addressing and resolving my issues. A replacement phone was given to me and I appreciate the help and good customer service provided.

Thank you!!

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

That's awesome @ahk

Thank you so much for the update and your feedback!

Enjoy your phone Smiley

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @ahk

The minutes are recorded using both the phone and SIMcard.

If your device is deffective though, the minutes are not taken into account during the first 15 days so you can exchange the device in store.

Hope this helps Smiley

ahk

Thank you! It helps!

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Fido keeps track of all the calls you made using your phone.  All you have to do is pull up your phone bill and it should have a record of the number of calls you received after you activated the phone and the duration of your call. If you have the Pixel 2 XL shipped to you,  the activation date might have been accidentally set to the day the phone leaves the warehouse instead of when you actually turn it on.

Have Fido do a background check on the usage of your phone and they should be able to confirm on the activation date and time of your phone. 

Hopefully they will exchange your defective phone with another one. Good luck.

L4D
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

The Pixel 2 XL has a two year warrenty for stuff like this. Fido should get you another device but what the call time means, is that you can't return the entire unit for a refund (Unless Fido makes an exception). Regardless the store should be able to swap out your device.

Source: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/phone-by-google/FRyoLZZjXvo