cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping calls - especially after 10 min

Unickow
I'm a participant level 2

I've got good signal at my office (2-3 bars), but last week, I started having my calls dropped. Very frustrating as I'm using this phone for business. iPhone 6. Anyone else having this problem? I haven't had this problem over the past year, but last week and today, it seems to be getting quite a bit worse.

***Edited to add labels***

13 REPLIES 13

2mwood
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have an iPhone 5SE and it has been dropping calls since Friday November 6 when I did a system upgrade on my phone. It is EXTREMELY annoying. How can this problem get solved? Do I have to change service providers to keep up with iPhone software?

I do not want to use 'data only' or have to even be thinking about that. I just want to make a clear call where and when I need to.

Hello 2mwood,

Welcome to the communtiy!

There are a whole host of reasons why phones might drop calls, including cellular reception. Your issue might not be the same as the OP. As a starting step, you might consider some of the suggestions provided:

https://buybackboss.com/iphone-dropping-calls/

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6306014

https://www.technobezz.com/fix-iphone-se-dropping-calls/

I do understand those articles might not relate to your phone model in particular, however, the information might still be helpful. Since your issue started after the system upgrade, it's possible you might need to also update the network settings and/or carrier settings.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Unickow,

Welcome to the community!

Is the drop calls happening everywhere or just at a specific place? Would you happen to have another phone that you can put your SIM card in to see if the problem is still there? 

If the problem is still there I would suggest getting a new SIM card.

cjjohnst
I'm a contributor level 1

I have had the network REFRESHED 4 times and two different sim cards and factory reset TWICE . FIDO SERVICE IS BAD EVER SINCE ROGERS TOOK OVER.

Unickow

I don't have other phones, but I just turned  LTE to data only and reset the network. We'll see if that solves the problem.

peterkalicki
I've been having this exact same issue and called in today to see if Fido is having network issues. I'm using an android BlackBerry not iPhone.

Thing is, if I manually switch the network to Telus or Bell or Wind, no issues.

Furthermore I get a 5 second delay when calling out, yet instant dial on the other networks (so it's definitely not a phone issue).

Hey peterkalicki!

Are you experiencing dropped calls everywhere? When did this start happening? Have you tried activating a new SIM card?

Let us know!

peterkalicki
Hi Amanda,

I had this issue a few months ago and then somehow it stopped dropping. The 3-5 second delay dialing out has been ongoing for a couple of weeks. But like I said, if I switch the network manually to Telus, bell, wind, etc manually in phone settings and call out on those networks, it dials instantly. Clearly a network issue, not a phone issue. I swapped the sim card last time and it made no difference.

On another note, do you have any idea when Fido will support the actual visual voicemail on Android again (not the voicemail to text workaround). I have the grandfathered VVM+ on my account. Also I don't get a voicemail waiting icon at all, but if I put in a Rogers sim card from my friends phone (he has the same VVM+ I have) it does show the icon (but no transcription or VVM obviously).

Also, WiFi calling is still not supported even though the IMS APN is there (yet when I tried with Rogers it worked on one call then stopped), since the IMEI's are not white listed.

Delilah

I suddenly stopped receiving visual voicemail messages. Fido technicians ( ie Rogers) have no clue how to activate this and completely deny it's existence. Did you manage to restore yours, if yes, kindly advise how. Thanks!

Hi @Delilah

I've replied to your other post about this issue here. Smiley

Hey @peterkalicki!

For Wi-Fi calling, it's currently supported on the following Android devices and they must be purchased from Fido:

- LG G4 (must be on Android 6.0 or above)

- LG G5 (must be on Android 6.0.1 or above)

- LG G6 (must be on Android 6.0 or above)

- Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 edge (must be on Android 6.0.1 or above)

- Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (must be on Android 6.0.1 or above)

- Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8+

At the moment, it's not available on non-Fido Androids, or Blackberry devices.

In terms of the voicemail and the ring delay, I'll send you a PM! 

Unickow

The thread is about problems with the iPhone 6 dropping calls so none of this information is relevant.

I've found turning off LTE for voice (select Data only) seems to have resolved the problem, but will need more time to be sure.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Unickow!

Keep the updates coming! Smiley