cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old phone still getting messages

Markselzler1
I'm a participant level 3
I'm still getting messages on my old phone and the SIM card has been removed. What do i do?Do I just turn it off? If I delete app's from my old phone,will I also delete app's from my new phone
4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Markselzler1,

If you delete an app from your old phone it will not be removed from your new phone.

What messages are you still getting on your old phone? It can't be text messages because its just not possible with out a working SIM. Maybe you are getting emails or messages from third party apps like skype because your phone is connected to WiFi. 

If you do not have any data that you need to save from your old phone then you can do a factory reset and that will clear the phone and you should not be getting anymore messages on it.

Markselzler1
Thank you for your help. I have been getting Emails on my shaw and YouTube Emails. I took my SIM card out of my old phone. I will do what you said. Again thank you.

Hey @Markselzler1,

Welcome to our Community Smiley 

What KAPABLE-K suggested should definitely do the trick. 

Keep us posted!

Markselzler1
So far so good. It was hard to delete the pictures. I had to restore them. Some app's I deleted some of them I just cleared the Data. It's hard to let go isn't it? I should give myself some time especially when it comes to deleting pictures. 😂