cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lg G4 is dead and fido wont do anything and i need to pay 125$ for this **bleep** broken cellphone

MathGoyette
I'm a participant level 2

I got a lg g4 from jan.2016 and it shut down and never open again .I went to fido store and they said i need to pay 125$ on this phone cause i had 2years contract with them ... its been 10 years im with them and they cant do nothing yeah right im doing to a diferent service profider for sure !

11 REPLIES 11

Jakethecanadien
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Okay first go find your self a good usb cord that feels very sturdy,

Now go Hunt for a Samsung Adaptive Fast Charger. This charger is smart and charges at 5volts and 9volts. it asks the phone if it can take 9 volts. if the device is stupid it stays at the standard 5 volts. 

For some reason my LG G4 would be so dead it would not take a charge of a 5volt charger and needed this samsung charger.

The phone charges in like a hour. 

Always Try to be real chargers and look at the volts and the bulid quality! 

Hello Jakethecanadien,

Welcome to the community!

Glad to hear you were able to solve your charging issue!

For any others with similar issues, you do not have to get the Samsung Adaptive Fast Charger. As far as I am aware, the LG G4 uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor. That processor is capable of Quick Charge 2.0 (see here). Any good quality Quick Charge 2.0 charger should work just as well. Additionally, a Quick Charge 3.0 would be backwards compatible and should also work. That said, there would be no additional benefit of the QC3.0 with the LG G4 since the Snapdragon 808 would not be capable of dynamic voltages.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1
Never understand people who think Fido builds the phone. Vent your anger with the manufacturer (LG). No one from Fido came over to your house and broke the phone. Sometimes technology lets us down. If Fido took care of every broken device no longer under warranty the rest of us would shoulder that expense. Basically what I'm saying is grow up and accept that when life gives you lemons try making lemonade. Here's a chance to dump that awful LG and get a better phone.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @MathGoyette,

Does anything happens if you plug the charger in phone? If you plug the phone into your computer does your computer detect the phone?

You can always send it for an estimate for the repair, if the repair is more than the amount left on your tab then you can just pay off the balance of your tab and then get a new phone. 

MathGoyette

when i plug my charger it doesn't do anything but when i plug my phone in my pc it detects it but i cant see it probably because its my new computer that i have since the 17th 

Hello again,

@MathGoyette wrote:

when i plug my charger it doesn't do anything but when i plug my phone in my pc it detects it but i cant see it probably because its my new computer that i have since the 17th 

Something just came to mind... The LG G4s have replaceable batteries. Have you tried to replace the battery in your device? If the battery is completely dead, the phone may not even turn on when you plug in a power source. It's something worth considering...

**edit** Also, have you verified your power cord is not faulty? My previous phone was not charging properly so I got new batteries for it and those were not charging either. I ended up getting another phone, partially because of the battery issue, but also because I was getting frustrated with its lack of compatible bands/frequencies. I tried to use the same USB power cord with my new phone and it would not charge. I changed power cords and both my old phone and new phone now charge properly Tongue **

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hello @MathGoyette,

The fact that your computer detects the phone means there is some life in it and its possible it can be fixed but your attitude and sense of entitlement is deterring me from helping you.

Hey @MathGoyette

I totally get how this would be an unpleasant situation for you. It is never fun to be dealing with any kind of technical issue after all! 

As Cawtau mentioned the cost of the balance remaining on your previous phone is something that would need to be charged back for you to be eligible for a new agreement. That being said though, we do appreciate you being with us all of these years and we would hate to see you go. 

I'll seng you a PM so we can make sure you've been offered all of the best available options! 

FidoKenny

Hey @MathGoyette and welcome to the Community.

The last thing we want is to see you leave. Sorry to hear about your phone. 

Did you get a chance to bring it to one of our stores to get it checked?

MathGoyette

yes i brought it to the nearest fido store in my city and they told me they couldnt do anything for me i needed to call Fido and explain this to them and they said they couldnt delete the balance i had on the cell ( the 125$) . Great service for a +10years member !!! I will pay all what i need to and never go back to this **bleep** compagny of scammers 

Hello MathGoyette,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear about your phone. I understand it's frustrating having to pay off something that does not work anymore, however, what you're expecting is not very reasonable. It sounds like you think the issue is limited to Fido. It's not. No business will be willing to forgive the outstanding balance on anything subsidised -- even for their most loyal of customers.

Businesses may be willing to reduce their profits in the name of loyalty discounts or credits. However, forgiving outstanding balances are actual losses. Sure Fido may lose you as a customer, but losing future revenue is not the same as taking a loss.

Since the phone is out-of-warranty, your options are to get the phone repaired yourself or payoff the balance and get a new phone.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers