cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to Nunavik, Quebec

Tatami
I'm a participant level 2

Will my I have network if there are no towers IN the cities i'll be visiting? Will that count as roaming? Does anyone have tips on how to use a cellphone in Northern Wuebec? Thanks a ton!!!

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@Tatami wrote:
Will my I have network if there are no towers IN the cities i'll be visiting? Will that count as roaming? Does anyone have tips on how to use a cellphone in Northern Wuebec? Thanks a ton!!!

Hello Tatami,

Welcome to the community!

To further what Zyx noted above, there do not appear to be any Bell towers in the area (see here). The only provider for the area appears to be Lynx mobility. You should note that they only operate one 2G band/frequency (band 2 or PCS-1900) so you should verify your phone also has that band/frequency. Additionally, it doesn't look like Lynx mobility supports data.

Judging by Fido's coverage map, extended coverage does not apply to Nunavik so using your phone there will count as roaming. 

How long will you be there? If it's an extended journey, you might consider using one of their SIMs (you would need an unlocked phone).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

zyx
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

@Tatami if there are no towers at all, then there is no service.

If there are towers, but from Bell (or maybe Lynx?), then you'll be roaming.

How far North are you going? It's getting cold over there! Smiley

Tatami
I'm doing all the cities on the Hudsons Bay coast. I don't know how I am going to live without my phone!!!