cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido LTE bands

KapriKorn
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Please guide me that Fido supports Samsung Galaxy Note Edge for LTE high speed network.

Thanks

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Wow thanks for the answer Cawtau! 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@KapriKorn wrote:

Please guide me that Fido supports Samsung Galaxy Note Edge for LTE high speed network.

Thanks

Hello KapriKorn,

Welcome to the forums! To answer your question, it would depend on which version of the Galaxy Note Edge you are referring to. Manufacturers make different versions for the same model of phone depending on their target markets. Differences might include slight alterations in hardware, but more importantly in this case, differing LTE antennae. As you can see from here , the model number is SM-N915 and the different versions are denoted by the subsequent lettering. 

From the specifications listed on that page, those phones have at least two of the three bands/frequencies which are compatible with Fido/Rogers' LTE network. It should be noted that the list is by no means complete. For example, the version from Hong Kong (only one compatible band/frequency) and Canada (all three compatible band/frequencies) were not listed on that page. 

I refer you to Fido's LTE page for the compatible bands/frequencies. In addition, the phone would have to be unlocked before it could be used with Fido.

I hope some of this helps Smiley

Cheers