Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i get someone s help wanna get FIDO LTE Band compatible

Edwin-fido
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

Ive been doing quite a bit of research and at this point Im still not sure about the following.

I wanna get a phone from oversea,here is the details:

2G  - GSM//EDGE:

• bands 2/3/5/8

3G - WCDMA (UMTS / HSPA+ / DC-HSDPA)

• with bands 1/2/5

4G - LTE:

• FDD LTE band: 3/7; TD-LTE band: 38/39/40/41

anyone  please help me  to answer my question,is it being able to get signal as for regular phone and able to get LTE , 

thanks

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@Edwin-fido wrote:

Hello,

Ive been doing quite a bit of research and at this point Im still not sure about the following.

I wanna get a phone from oversea,here is the details:

2G  - GSM//EDGE:

• bands 2/3/5/8

3G - WCDMA (UMTS / HSPA+ / DC-HSDPA)

• with bands 1/2/5

4G - LTE:

• FDD LTE band: 3/7; TD-LTE band: 38/39/40/41

anyone  please help me  to answer my question,is it being able to get signal as for regular phone and able to get LTE , 

thanks

Hello Edwin,

Those specifications are compatible with Fido/Rogers' 2G and 3G networks as they both use 850 MHz (band 5) and 1900 MHz (band 2).

With regards to LTE, Fido/Rogers uses FDD so the TD-LTE bands would not work. Those specifications are compatible with only one of Fido/Rogers' three frequencies, 2600 MHz (band 7). They do not include the other two frequencies, namely 1700/2100 MHz (band 4, AWS) or 700 MHz (band 17). While that phone could possibly connect to the LTE network, coverage might be an issue. You might want to research the frequencies of the LTE towers where you plan to use that phone most frequently.

Aside: This is another case and point as to why I believe the 'How to configure...' page needs updating!

https://www.fido.ca/web/content/phonewarranty/configure_unlocked_device_guide&lang=en

Hope that helps!

Cheers

PS I'm not sure why it's formatted this way.