cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5 - Multimedia Messaging questions

AnandM
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi! I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S5, and in my plan it states that I have "Unlimited text, picture and video messages". But as I was trying to recieve/send pictures/videos via text messaging. I got notified that I had to turn on my Data Usuage. Unfortuntly, I only have 50 MB of data, so i was not planning on using it. What's the way around this? Do i really need to have my data on? In that case that makes the whole "Unlimited picture and video messages" pointless if you have no data.

I attached the pop-up I had recieved when i attempted to sending a picture.

Thank you in advance for all the help!Screenshot_2014-07-08-22-35-48-1.png

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoAmandaH
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi AnandM,

The data option must be enabled on your phone to use the MMS feature. Rest assured as MMS is included within the plan, it will not deduct from your monthly allocated 50mb. We are able to differentiate usage from applications and websites apart from MMS usages.

I would also recommend to turn "restrict background data" and remove "auto sync data" from the settings to avoid accidental usage. Let me  know if this helps!

\Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.