cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS issue after Android 4.3 update

Chukoy
I'm a participant level 2

Hi. I recently updated to Android 4.3 version. As a result, my MMS no longer works unless my data is enabled. Before I was able to send/receive MMS without having to turn on my data. I want to be able to do this again. I have tried many different APN settings but to no avail. Everything else works including LTE. My phone is an unlocked Xperia T. If anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

dandd
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I have an android phone and I have always needed to enable data for MMS to be received/sent.  The reason is that MMS do require data but does not add up your data usage since it is an included feature.  It may have been a glitch that allowed you to download without it enabled.

Chukoy

Thanks for the reply but no it wasn't a glitch. I've been with Fido for more than 5 years using unlocked phones after another, and I have always been able set the right APN settings that allowed me to send/receive MMS with data disabled. Only after the 4.3 update screwed this up. Thank you for your input though. I will try other forums to find a solution. My issue is not "solved" by the way.