cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM connection trouble

bboudreau
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello I just moved to CA from the states and made an account with Fido only two days ago.  I have a samsung S4 and my previous carrier was Verizon and I had one of their sim cards.  When I first swapped the SIM's i was having errors connecting and I took it to this "international electronics" guy who said all I had to do was add the VPN and then everything was working great.

Two days later I had to swap sim cards back very quick to recieve a text that was sent to my old number.  When I put back in my Verizon SIM I no service whatso ever.  I put back in my Fidoo sim and I had some problems as well.  Now in my room my signal is almost not existant and will occasionally drop and my 3G is now gone and my phone asked me if I wanted to switch to "Global Mode" which i assume is roaming.

I feel like there is some sort of setting or connection I am missing here but i can't figure out what.  Any help is much appreciated! Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Kayla_Fido
I'm experienced level 2
I'm experienced level 2

Hello,

Just wanted to add to this post for future reference!

This link has steps to configuring your device:

www.fido.ca/web/content/phonewarranty/configure_unlocked_device_guide?lang=en

but if you are going to swap sims you will have to follow the previous comment by manually programing your phone everytime!

hope this helps

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi bboudreau!

I'm sorry we missed your post.

My suggestion would be to add two APNs (one for Fido and one for Verizon). You'd need to switch back and forth manually when swapping the SIM cards.