cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble with VM ,call display and LTE.

MeharS
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi all,

Hope you guys can help.

Just a day back ported my number from Eastlink to fido,and struggling since then.

i have 5SE BYOP plan with iPhone premium VM.

so here are the issues:

1.Not able to go on LTE.

With eastlink I was able to on same phone but not with fido,tried everything but nothing helps.

2.VM is not kicking in,callers to my phone are not even getting an option to leave a VM,its just says User is not available and then hangs up,though I am able to access my VM by pressing 1 but it says I have no messages,of course if no one can record a message how i am suppose to get one.

3.Call display thing.I want to turn it off.I like the old fashioned way,if someone dont have my number saved i just want them to see my number,the way it should be.

But fido rep says that something has to go there even if a fake name,but i am not comfortable with it.

4.Even though i have who called i am not getting it.

Tried at least 10 times but nothing helps.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @MeharS,

Welcome to the Community!

I'll be happy to go over everything with you Smiley

1. Are you able to turn LTE ON at all or are you getting an error? Have you tried resetting the network settings or restoring the phone through iTunes to see if that helps?

2. Can you please dial *21*14168216549# on your device to make sure that call forwarding is enabled to the voicemail? Let me know if this changes anything.

3. It is unfortunately not possible to remove your name from displaying. The ability of others to see your name and number or only phone number depends if they have the name display feature or not. We could instead display the initial of your first name and your last name. Another option would be blocking your name and number from your device when placing a call. 

4. A WhoCalled alert is sent only if the call is unconditionally forwarded to voice messaging. If calls aren't forwarded properly to the voicemail, the alerts won't be received. Once calls are forwarded to the voicemail, this feature should work properly as well.

Keep me posted!

MeharS

Hi Claudia,

Thanks for replying.

So here where I stand now:

1)LTE issue is as it is.

Tried resetting network settings and iPhone nothings seems to help.

Intresting point to know,before I ported my number I was using the temporary number given by fido on same sim card,LTE was working on that number but not on I ported.

2)I ran the command you told me,its says 'Setting Activation Failed' on all of them.

3) Call display thing,fido says they can deactivate call display on my account on their end,but they're not sure if it goes both ways.

secondly they said that they can block name to show unknown or something like that but not number,is it true?

because you said they can,right?

The problem here is if someone seeing call from a unknown number they might not pick it up.

ps a hassle for no reason.

thats why i want only my number to show up,the authentic best way.

any work around that?

4)And of course you explained about who called thing.

for more simplicity I am located in Halifax,NS.

@FidoClaudia wrote:

Hey @MeharS,

Welcome to the Community!

I'll be happy to go over everything with you Smiley

1. Are you able to turn LTE ON at all or are you getting an error? Have you tried resetting the network settings or restoring the phone through iTunes to see if that helps?

2. Can you please dial *21*14168216549# on your device to make sure that call forwarding is enabled to the voicemail? Let me know if this changes anything.

3. It is unfortunately not possible to remove your name from displaying. The ability of others to see your name and number or only phone number depends if they have the name display feature or not. We could instead display the initial of your first name and your last name. Another option would be blocking your name and number from your device when placing a call. 

4. A WhoCalled alert is sent only if the call is unconditionally forwarded to voice messaging. If calls aren't forwarded properly to the voicemail, the alerts won't be received. Once calls are forwarded to the voicemail, this feature should work properly as well.

Keep me posted!

Thanks

I'm sending you a PM so I can access your account to see what's going on. 

Talk soon @MeharS!

MeharS

Its a real hassle .
Done this 10 times now.
i will be deactivating my account and going to CRCC for refund.
I have all logs and tried everything on my end to fix it.
But I AM DONE.

I saw your last PM, I'm replying right now! 

MeharS

Seriously guys?

No one really knows what's going on,the one solution you guys seem to have is to restart my phone....thats it !!

One supervisor Karen told me that she doesn't know whats going on,she never saw this problem,she dont know what to do,she advised me to search google.

I'd love to help @MeharS, but your information is required for me to access your account. 

Feel free to fill out the authentication from sent in PM whenever you have a moment.

Thanks! 

MeharS

Hi,

As already mentioned according to CCTC guidelines a reasonable chance was provided to FIDO and I did everything to help the situation.

Even if I give you everything,the best you can do is make a ticket which is already being done.

They promised me that they will get back to me today by 12,but didn't and the issue stays as it is.

I even tried calling and helping the situation but there's soo much inconsistency in information provided by different reps.

So I've decided to stop banging my head here and go somewhere where there customer experience matters.

I totally get thats its not your fault or anyone's is that happened,but even a acknowledgement that yes a mistake has been made is enough and actually see that something is being done to get is resolved.

I totally get where you're coming from @MeharS.

We're still here if you want us to take a look at the account. 

MeharS

No thanks.

if you want to help can provide me  contact information for the complaints or similar department,thats has some authority and most importantly knowledge of how things work .

I can assure you we have all the necessary tools to review every situation and have processes in place to escalate them when they can't be resolved. 

However, your information is always required for us to access your account. 

MeharS

Thanks Rachel.

I have already contacted the ombudsman for fido.

I will wait for them to get back.

The reason I dont want to give you my information is that I dont want to advertise my case.

which is being happening till now.

I call your toll free,one rep doesn't know the answer,will transfer me to some other and then other and the chain goes on.

Guess what at the end of the day all you guys have my information,looked my account over,took my two hours and the problem stay as it is.

shouldn't there be any process in place here?

If you cant solve it,simply say sorry and say I can't help.

Thats it.

Rather than telling it your whole department.

And the most interesting part is the new rep asks for all your information and problem again as your doing now,and still cant solve it.

The concern is not the problem here rather the attitude you approach towards it.

But thanks

No need to reply back.

I AM DONE.