cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BY THE MINUTE plan gone?

bn880
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, I can no longer find reference to the by the minuite plan on the website, what's the deal?

Thanks

47 REPLIES 47

mclai
I'm a participant level 1

I'm refilling $100 for 365 days for the last few years for the By the Minute plan but Fido migrated my account to the $10 By the Month plan from 2 Mar 2018. 

Based on points 1 & 2 of the note, why are you migrating my account to the $10 By the Month plan.  I want the By the Minute plan for emergency calls only,

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @mclai,

Welcome to the community Smiley

As mentioned by the communication we sent, customers on the "on the By the Minute plan" will be affected by the change. Your plan will not change only if your top-ups are done regularly.

That being said , we'll also need to have a closer look at your account. A PM is on it's way, talk to you there.

JamesK
I'm a contributor level 1

I got the same message but a different date (Aug 4, 2018 for me) and would like to stay on the By The Minute plan. Any help would be appreciated.

JamesK

I forgot to mention that I've been topping up my account for the last few years with the $100 option for 365 days.

FidoJo1
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @JamesK

We'll have to verify the details of your account! 

You can contact us here or we can send you a PM! 

Let us know what suits you best Smiley 

JamesK

Thanks for the quick reply :). If you could send me a PM that would be great.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Will do @JamesK! See you there Wink 

JamesK

Awesome :). I'll be waiting for the message.

Joycey
I'm a participant level 3

Got a txt msg today from fido

Starting on July 25, 2018 and each month after that, your monthly refill will go towards our $10.75 Talk & Text plan that will give you 50 anytime local minutes and 50 text messages instead of being charged for every minute or text you use

i was on a by the minute plan which I top off once a year

What's going on?

Hey @Joycey

Welcome to the Community!

I have moved your post in this thread as it deals with the same topic.

You'll find all the information regarding the change here Smiley

Joycey

read thru the entire thread and still unsure

I'm refilling $100 for 365 days and on the first page it says:

• The migration will only affect customers who top-up with $10 per month on the By the Minute plan.
  • Your plan will not change if you regularly top-up with an amount greater than $10.
  • If you’re using the By the Minute plan with a data add-on, you won’t be migrated to the new $10 By the Month plan.

so why did I get this text msg?

does this mean this migration does not actaully affect me? (because I top up $100 every 365 days)

Hey @Joycey!

To check that out we'll need access to your account so we can check your particularities.

You can reach us here or we can send you a PM if you like.

Let us know. Smiley

Joycey

Hi

yes please send me a PM

just got another text last week to remind me that it's actually happening on Jul 25

Sounds good! Sending you a PM, @Joycey Smiley

Joycey

So after pming with the lot of you guys fido mods, who actually told me I’ve been opted out of migration (so I would keep my by the minute plan)

the migration still happened on my account... why? who dropped the ball?

Hey @Joycey,

I have answered your PM. We're here for you, we'll have this sorted out Smiley

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @bn880 & welcome to the Community!

Starting February 1, 2018, Prepaid customers on the By the Minute will be migrated to our new $10 By the Month plan. This plan comes with 50 minutes and 50 text messages. This price plan will offer more value to customers for their monthly top-up. A few things to note:

• The migration will only affect customers who top-up with $10 per month on the By the Minute plan.
  • Your plan will not change if you regularly top-up with an amount greater than $10.
  • If you’re using the By the Minute plan with a data add-on, you won’t be migrated to the new $10 By the Month plan.

Hope this helps. Smiley

GLinc

Hello...Last week on December 27th I received the text from Fido about this change.

My question is what happens to my existing "By the Minute" balance on Feb 1st...I currently have over $86...am I going to lose that when this new "By the Month Plan Starts??

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey GLinc!

Welcome to the Community!

You do not need to worry about your existing balance. Any existing balance will remain on your account when you are migrated to the new $10 plan.

iceey_blu

I currently pay $10 per month for a prepaid by the minute plan. I refill $10 each month and pay 30 cents per minute only if I use the phone. I have not gotten any notification from Fido, but heard from a friend that Fido is changing this plan in Feb 2018. Will the change apply to my plan, and what will the changes be? I currently have an accumulated balance of $189 on my account, and my account says it doesn't expire until Feb 7th (date of my next automatic refill). What will happen to my accumulated balance if my plan gets changed?