cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Fido not respond to me for unlocking my phone?

Annalmr
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am travelling and have tried messenger and Twitter and each time they respond to me way too long aftery first request so that I dont have Time To do anything.

Today, it's been TWO HOURS that I have been waiting now. I can't wait where I am any longer ( for the WiFi ) and have to give up again.

Fido charges crazy fees for international use and has been preventing me from using a local provider where I am travelling for 15 days now by not giving me the ability to unlock my device as per the new rules. 

Am I the only one in the Fido community having problem with unlocking my device?

3 REPLIES 3

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Annalmr

Were you able to get help with this ? 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Annalmr,

Welcome to the community!

I understand it's frustrating having to wait for a response. It's the Holiday season and they are very likely swamped with the holiday rush. You might consider sending a moderator a PM with your phone's IMEI number requesting your unlock code. While they might not be able to respond right away, they should still be able to provide your unlock code via PM for when you are able to connect Wifi again.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Annalmr,

Welcome to the community!

The wait time being so long is probably due to the recent promos all the cellular companies is currently having.