Occasional Visitor
mowatt

can you use fido dollars to pay your bill?

Please use plain text.
Diamond Aristocrat
10yearfido

Re: can you use fido dollars to pay your bill?

Your monthly bill? No. You can use it to pay towards phones you renew for or for add-ons to your plan that you don't have, like VM or caller ID, but only for a trial period. If you are on prepaid I think you can use them to buy minutes.
Feel free to click 'Accept as Solution' if I've answered your question. If you like my post click Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
johny1234

what's he point of fido dollars then if you can't use it towards paying bills, what a rip off that is..
Please use plain text.
Platinum Contributor
nick67

FidoDollars (FD) are a type of loyalty program. The longer you stay at Fido, the more FD you accumulate. Being able to apply FD to your invoice balance is not really appropriate. If you were able to put FD towards your balance, that could be viewed at a monthly discount of [4% x monthly fees] which is not it's intended purpose. I agree that is the last few years, more restrictions have been set in place which offer less value to us customers. However, no other cell phone provider offers this kind of loyalty service, so it is essentially FD are free "credits" you can use to reduce the price of your handset, try out addons for a trial period like 10yearfido mentioned, purchase a new sim card, buy a travel pack, etc.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
losthungarian

I find it hilarious that "Fido Dollars" are considered to be a value add service of any kind. As a loyalty program, you'd have to be pretty desperate to stay with Fido for $145 of redeemable "credits" in exchange for 3 more years of slavery.

Truth is, my iphone plan is VERY MUCH below par - even when compared to the plans currently on offer by parent company Rogers. So here's my question, Fido: if you currently offer unlimited talk/text at the $80 range, how is it that I've been paying overages since last May in the $120+ range. Bad timing? And if my plan doesn't exist anymore due to increased market competitiveness, shouldn't I have been automatically switched over to one of your newer, more competitive plans?

I suppose I could have debated this with you over the phone, but I'm one of those people who believes that a brand should be PROACTIVE in providing value for their customers, rather than reactive when the customer bothers to call them on their lack of fairness. After some hideously high bills this year due to a mix of excessively punitive phone and data overages (the bread and butter of Fido's business), I will finally be free of my contract in 3 days. Feel free to keep my Fido Dollars...there's far better plans out there for the money. 

Please use plain text.
Silver Veteran
Spy2300

@losthungarian,

I am sorry to hear that you find the Fido Dollars program not up to par with your expectations. As previously mentioned no other wireless provider offers such a service. Most of the wireless providers out there as you to take a phone on a contract of 1yr, 2yr, or 3yrs. When you sign a contract with any of the other providers you do not get the value of Fido Dollars being given back to you. No matter how small the amount is it is still money being given back to you simply by being a client and paying for your services.

In regards to your question about your plan...I agree that it would be great for a wireless company to automatically change your plan for you when something better becomes available however at this time no such option is available. If you are interested in changing your plan give a call to customer service and I am sure they will be able to work something out for you :smileyhappy:
I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates. Je suis un employé de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue.
Please use plain text.
cassalice

Oh that's not a rip off at all!

Fido is one of the only companies that REWARD our customers for being with us. The REASON that they can't use it to pay a bill is because they are calculated FROM the charges on the bill. It's redundant.

You can use FidoDOLLARS to purchase certain options for the first 1-2 months, you can use them to purchase travel packs & towards the purchase of a new phone! They are great!

Be aware though, that if you have a past due balance, you can't use them until your account is brought up to date.

Cassandra

I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue.

*** I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates. Je suis un employé de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Fido ou d’une société de son groupe. ***
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Danny_

I totally agree with you. Fido is a rip off company. I can't wait for my contract to be over.

Please use plain text.
Bronze Aristocrat
sheedy17

I dont recall any other company rewarding you for paying your bill and services.  Regardless if its $20, $30, $100, $1000,  Fido still gives you that off the price of the phone,  come renewal time, if I get an extra $30 off a phone, I am happy because thats more money I keep in my pocket

Its a rewards program, i think its stupid some places I get 1 air mile if i spend $10 and some places I get 1 air mile for $20 i spend.  I find that stupid, but I still use the rewards and benefit from them.

With the amount of marketing Fido does, commericals, their website etc, it is kinda dumb to think they can just go into your account and call you and say hey, there is a better plan out there, why dont you change?  Why is it a better plan for YOU but not for the next guy? Its your responsibility to check out from time to time what is offered, to think someone can just go into your account and see there is a better deal is a bit crazy and unrealistic. 

I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates. Je suis un employé de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue.
Please use plain text.