Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Visitor
fidocustomer4

using fidodollars to buy an iPhone without a contract

I want to use my fido dollars towards paying the full price of an iphone 4. I know there are limitations to buying a smartphone using fidodollars as stated by the terms and conditions:

Description. The Fido RewardsTM program (“Fido Rewards”) is a program offered by Fido Solutions, operated by Rogers Communications Partnership (“Fido”) that allows participants to accumulate FidoDollarsTM and redeem them toward the purchase of Fido phones (other than smartphones, unless a participant subscribes to a Data option with a commitment period or to prepaid service), 

It says I can redeem my dollars towards the purchase of a smartphone if I suscribe to a prepaid service - prepaid services don't have a commitment period.

So can I to use my fidodollars to purchase an iphone at full price, without a commitment period, but to a prepaid service, as it says in the terms and conditions?

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
FidoJenny

Re: using fidodollars to buy an iPhone without a contract

Good morning fidocustomer4,

The answer is: yes, you do.

Let me know if you need more specific information.

Jenny
Please use plain text.
Established Member
anthony_ryan

If I already have an exisiting Data plan, would I still be able to redeem my FIDO dollars to purchase the iPhone?

Please use plain text.
Former Moderator
FidoJudhy

Hello anthony_ryan,

It will certainly be possible to do so as long as you have a 3 year term on your data option.

I hope that this answers your request :smileyhappy:

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger!

Cliquez sur l'image du pouce en l'air description of the photo pour signifier votre appréciation d'un message ou d'un autre membre de la communauté.

Et n'oubliez pas de cliquer Accepté comme une solution dans les options du menu déroulant, lorsque vous aurez obtenu la réponse que vous recherchiez ; cela renforcera notre communauté!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
mzztee

[ Edited ]

further to your last reply, am i right to assume that with the existing data option, the cost of an iphone would also be the full price cost?

Please use plain text.
Former Moderator
FidoJudhy

Hello mzztee,

If you are purchasing the iPhone with a prepaid service, you will be charged the full price for the phone plus taxes minus the FidoDollars.

If you are on a monthly service and currently are not eligible for an agreement renewal, you will be charged the full price for the phone plus taxes minus the FidoDollars.

If you are on a monthly service, you currently are eligible for an agreement renewal, are renewing for three years and you have/are planning on having a data option with a three year term, you could have the iPhone 4 16 GB at $159 and the 32 GB at $269, plus taxes, minus your FidoDollars.

I hope this helps!
Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger!

Cliquez sur l'image du pouce en l'air description of the photo pour signifier votre appréciation d'un message ou d'un autre membre de la communauté.

Et n'oubliez pas de cliquer Accepté comme une solution dans les options du menu déroulant, lorsque vous aurez obtenu la réponse que vous recherchiez ; cela renforcera notre communauté!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
kori

Hi one more question?

I have a monthly plan but so no contract anymore.  Can I use my fido dollars to get an iphone? but not lock into a 3 year contract?

I just want to use my fido dollars towards the price of the phone.

thanks

Please use plain text.