Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Diamond Aristocrat
10yearfido
Accepted Solution

Data sharing?

Does Fido offer a data sharing option that Rogers has?

Feel free to click 'Accept as Solution' if I've answered your question. If you like my post click Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Pandora

Re: Data sharing?

I don't believe there is data sharing with fido... adding data is an option, sort of like adding call display on one line and adding voicemail on another, options that aren't shared between numbers.

Please use plain text.
Diamond Aristocrat
10yearfido

Adding data is also an option on Rogers and they allow sharing. Fido and Rogers share a network, billing system, system provisioning, etc. If Rogers offers it, Fido can too. I just want to know if they are.

Feel free to click 'Accept as Solution' if I've answered your question. If you like my post click Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Gold Veteran
WickyLeBlond

As far as I know, the only companies that offer any kind of plan/option sharing are the big 3. (Rogers/Bell/Telus)

So to answer the question simply, unless someone else has some information that I have not gotten in store, it's no, you cannot share your options.

Also, as a little add-on, Fido and Rogers are not exactly the same such as Bell and Solo aren't the same and Telus and Koodo. Rogers owns Fido, but that doesn't mean they can offer the same things. If they could, then there would be no reason to differentiate the two companies.

Please use plain text.
Diamond Aristocrat
10yearfido

Thanks for the answer.

I am aware they are different brands and they target the two brands toward separate market segments. But, the fact is that they are completely meshed in terms of their capabilities and infrastruture (as opposed to Chatr which has a different provisioning structure and billing system). Anything that is available on Rogers can be easily made available to Fido, it is just a matter of if they are. Hence my question on data sharing.

Please use plain text.
Gold Veteran
WickyLeBlond

Well, basically, I think the only reason that they WON'T do it (since they obviously can as there were shared Fido plans before) is to keep a certain distinction between the two. If they appear too similar, people will wonder why they should go to Rogers if Fido had the exact same services available, but for cheaper.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
sky-blue

Actually chatr and Rogers are meshed way more than fido and Rogers. Fido still uses most of their own systems from before Rogers bought them, and they still have their own network. I worked for them, and Rogers network is the "expanded network" which is included in most plans now. Rogers has a larger network than fido, but for example at my cottage there is fido coverage, but no Rogers. Also, if you put a fido sim in a Rogers phone or the other way around, it won't work. But if you put a chatr sim into a Rogers phone it works, same with solo, virgin and bell - they are all interchangeable. So, I'm sure fido has the capability to do data share, but you shouldn't base that on the fact that Rogers has the capability.
Please use plain text.
Welcome
Welcome to the Fido Community Forums! A place to discuss questions related to Fido products and services.

To get started, click here.

Be sure to check out our Community Guidelines.

Pour nos forums communautaires en français, cliquez ici.