Conference Calling HOW TO?

misskayy
I'm a participant level 1

Few questions off the bat:

1) What is a conference call?

2) How to make a conference call?

3)How many people can be on a call?

4) If I checked my plan overview and I see that Conference Call is listed amongst the other things I get with my plan, does that mean I can can do conference calling for free?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

doesfid0care
I'm a participant level 2

As of March-April 2023 is it still included? I cannot see it mentioned anywhere and I want to change plans...

Would much appreciate a prompt answer.

Hi @doesfid0care 

All our postpaid plans come with Call Conference and Call Waiting. 

Hope this answers!

jlg

Just want to follow up and see if this answer is still valid. I want to upgrade my plan but it mentions nothing of conference call as a feature, whereas my current plan does. I use it semi regularly. Does this mean it's included implicitly or just not available at all? I tried asking fido chat and the answer was "That feature is no longer being offered" but had no clarification of whether that means it's generally just included as a basic call feature or if it's not possible to do at all as there are no additionall add-on options for this feature either.

Hi there @jlg

Just getting back to you on behalf of FidoAmandaN 😃  

The capacity for conference calls, as well as call waiting, is inluded in all of our plans.

Airtime and Long Distance applies for each caller, unless you have "Unlimited Local & Long Distance calling" included in your plan. Let me know if this helps.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey jlg!

Welcome to the Community!

That's an excellent question! We'll double check that for you to be sure and we'll update this thread when we have more information. Smiley

fidoOlivier
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. 

Conference calling is a feature that gives you the ability to add up to four different callers to a call. 

You can start a conference call when already on an ongoing call. (Check your phone's user manual for exact instructions on how to start a conference call.)

All Fido Plans come with conference calling, free of charge, and additional fees would only apply if your plan has limited minutes and you surpass that limit, or, in the case that long distance calling is not covered by your plan and you conference in a long distance number. 

Hope this helps!

jacksprocket

as of end of 2020 is conference calling still an included feature for voice/data/txt plans currently

Hey @jacksprocket

It is still included in plans, yes! Smiley