cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Prepaid, unable to register credit card to account

dj127910
I'm a participant level 1

I tried registering mutliple different credit cards to my prepaid account via website, automated service, and just recently through a representative.

All of them have been rejected, one explanation I got from the rep was that my card was not from a financial institution (PC financial) so we tried my BMO one that failed too.

So could I get confirmation that PC financial mastercards have been officially rejected from registering on Fido systems, and a solution to my problem, although I have been using one since forever through Fido, and the only thing was it was about to expire.

Thanks.

***Edited to add labels***

35 REPLIES 35

I'm a contributor level 1

Also having the same issue with my CC on my prepaid account...

Jamie_1917

I am also having problems registering a credit card to my prepaid account.

I had a MasterCard registered to my account for over a year, but lost that card while on vacation. So I deactivated the card and recently received my replacement card from BMO MasterCard.

When I attempted to register the new card via Fido's automated phone system, it was rejected twice. So I then attempted to register the new card online. It was again rejected, twice, with a message to contact my financial institution. I spoke to a lovely customer services rep at BMO and she told me that there was nothing wrong with my MasterCard account. She suggested that I contact Fido, which I did, yesterday. A Fido phone agent manually attempted to register my MasterCard (yesterday), received the message that my registration was 'pending' and told me that it would take 2-5 days for the credit card to be accepted or declined. He further told me that when that would occur, I would received a text message informing me of the situation.

This afternoon at 14:32, I received the following text message: "Fido Info: Great news your credit card is now registered on your account. You can now refill or sign up to Auto Refill on fido.ca. Thanks for choosing Fido!". So... I attempted to refill my account, and, predictably, it didn't work.

I called Fido, spoke to a customer services rep, who told me that I didn't have a registered credit card on file, and asked for all my credit card info, again When I mentioned the text message that I'd received earlier and explained that I'd done all this yesterday, he seemed confused, and told me that my credit card  was pending. When I asked him to explain why Fido's automated system had sent me the text message, he seemed even more confused, proceeded to tell me that I needed to wait 2-5 days, but that he would lodge an error complaint to the technical team.

This is absolutely and utterly ridiculous. I can buy a $4,000.00 vacation on expedia.ca or any other travel site on the same credit card and have that be approved in 15 seconds. I can buy a $2,000.00 home theatre system from FutureShop.ca or BestBuy.ca and have that be approved in 10 seconds. But it's this complicated to register my account with Fido.ca for $20-30 monthly refills.... there's something wrong here!

(P.S. Your spell check doesn't recognize the word 'Fido'. LOL!)

Also got a text message indicating the same thing, but nothing appears on My Account. Rather annoying that this can't be resolved...

Hello everyone,

Please note that these are isolated issued, and not a general system issues. Unfortunately the only way to resolve this is to contact our technical support at 611, or attempt to register online until it goes through.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

rathtrf

The same thing is happening to me, I have a Capital One card and neither the website nor CSR can add it to auto refill

2smart4that

Same problem with me. Check with RBC, CIBC and TD credit cards. Can't even register the card, that I just removed. Not going online, Not going over the phone. Went to the kiosk - they don't deal with credit cards. I am seeing that about 300 - 700 people are reading this topic, back to 2009. This is not a isolated case. This is a big hole in the system. And this is not the way to keep clients.

-_-_-
I'm a participant level 2

This is a Tip for those who are having trouble adding a credit card to your file or paying your Fido Bill Via Fido.ca
Make sure  that your Address on file with Fido  matches the one on file with your Credit Card ! as even the smallist difference will reject your card.

ElloMoto

Don't use The Ideal Choice from Mastercard!!! It will not work with Fido, having a nightmare calling Fido, then Mastercard, then Fido then Mastercard over and over, Then latest CSR blaming me, getting off now, I was only told to not buy the "Vanilla" card, all others work... apparently not, what a  in todays electronic world, dont know what to do now, just want to pay my bill

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3
Here, I copy and paste this section under the "Terms and Conditionals" link for your Ideal Choice from Mastercard:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE CARD
The Card is a prepaid Card that can be used anywhere that MasterCard is accepted, including mail order, online and point of sale retail merchants, subject to the terms of this Agreement. The Card cannot be used at ATMs or otherwise redeemed for cash. The MasterCard logo is featured on your Card and will be imprinted along with the issuer's name, Peoples Trust Company. The Card is not a credit card or debit card and its usage will not improve your credit rating. No interest dividends or other earnings will be paid on the Balance. Neither the Card nor the Balance is a deposit account with Peoples Trust Company or any other financial institution, and the Balance on your Card is not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) or any other federal or provincial agency. The Card is not reloadable, returnable or refundable, and may not be cancelled by you. You shall have no right to write cheques on or demand repayment of the outstanding Balance, and your rights relating to the Card are strictly limited to the right to use the Card in accordance with this Agreement as payment for goods and services from merchants who accept MasterCard.

ngrigoriev

I was unable to register a renewed Mastercard after successfully using my previous Mastercard for over 2 years. Only the expiration date has changed. Fido does not want my money, apparently, should I just take my business somwhere else?

ngrigoriev
Got the issue resolved by a friendly Social Network agent Rachel.

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3
Sorry this happened to you. But let me say that these type of cards are NOT credit card. They are glorified gift cards issue by Credit card companies. Also they have the credit card numbers. They are not traditional credit cards and will not be accepted by any faculity that does recurring withdraws or use them to verify your idenity.

mzhang5
just want to add a ditto. I have same problem. And I don't know what to do.

Hello everyone,

I understand how this situation can be frustrating for you.

At this point, all I can suggest is that you call in and speak with an agent who will be able to open add the credit card to your account for you and open a ticket for it not being working on Fido.ca via your account online.

To reach a representative, you can dial 611 from your Fido and choose the options 4 - 4 - 1 from the main menu.

Please let us know how it goes! Smiley

jellyw

The funny thing is, for the same credit card, I was able to add it to my monthly fido account just wont work on my prepaid account.  Will Fido ever going to fix it? Are you noticing that the credit card renewal customers had been going down because nobody is able to add their credit cards? it is so annoying....