cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got calls from usa, and calling usa friend, how much do u charge

Peter42314
I'm a participant level 3

im in toronto, and i got calls from friends in usa, i also call him sometiems, how much does fido charde for this?  

its happening at nights

5 REPLIES 5

Peter42314

someone answer me plz 

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Hi Peter42314,

This is a forum, not in instant messaging service, you don't get instant replies.

To your question. you didn't mention your plan so I'll just assume you are using one of the current monthly plans.

If you are in Canada, recieving calls are free, even if the caller is in the US. Since you are calling at night, unlimited evening and weekends are in effect and no airtime fees.

However, if you are calling to US its long distance. I believe the standard rate is $0.55 per minute, billed by the minute (meaning a call for 1:03 will be billed $1.1), this rate doesn't change for days/nights/weekends.

If you call a lot, you can pay $15/month to change your monthly airtime coverage to include the US.

Hope this helps

Peter42314

thx a lot, iwas dumb , get ur ideas now. ;D

YogiB
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

Install Skype on your smartphone, put some credit on your Skype account and call for only a fraction of Fido's long distance rates with Skype-Out!

You only need to have a WiFi connection, or use your mobile data for short calls.

Peter42314

Im using the MTM standard plan, and base on what u just said, i need to pay fees even at nights and weekends if im calling usa for 55cents per minutes?