General Care and Support

Welcome to the Fido Community!

Are you new here? We’ll help you get started and get involved. Check out our forums and our blog for the latest discussions, and take a few moments to meet the Community crew. Once you’ve sorted through the Community guidelines and terms of use, say “hi” to the Community and introduce yourself . See you around!
Discussion Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation
Highlighted
I’m a mentor
Accepted Solution

Why does Fido need a contact phone number?

I enter my contact number, and it says, "you cannot use a Fido number as your contact number".  I try to submit no phone number, and it says I have to enter my 10 digit contact number.  So I use a non existent 555-555-5555 as I only have the one number that is a Fido number, that is not allowed to be used for Fido contact.    Kind of pointless to request a contact phone number and then not allow me to enter the only number I can be contacted at. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Why does Fido need a contact phone number?

Hey Spiltbongwater!

The contact number has to be a number other than your cellphone number because it is to be used only if you are unreachable at your Fido number.

If you do not have a contact number, you may enter 111-111-1111 (it's the one I use as I am in the same situation than you).

I hope this helps.
View solution in context
Former Moderator

Re: Why does Fido need a contact phone number?

Hey Spiltbongwater!

The contact number has to be a number other than your cellphone number because it is to be used only if you are unreachable at your Fido number.

If you do not have a contact number, you may enter 111-111-1111 (it's the one I use as I am in the same situation than you).

I hope this helps.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments