cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two lines on one account - my own Caller ID name is the same on both

ATC
I'm a participant level 2

I have two lines on my account, one for me and the other for my wife. I noticed that both our numbers when they show up on name-display-enabled services (on landlines and wireless), show my name.

Is there a way to make my wife's number show her name instead of mine?

Edit: I just read my post and it sounds confusing. What I was trying to say is that when I call others, on their name-display-enabled service, my name shows up on their Caller ID. And when my wife calls others from her line, my name also shows up on their caller ID. What I would like is for her name to show up when calling from her line. Is that possible?

4 REPLIES 4

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey ATC!

You can contact us here to have the displayed name updated to your wife's on her line.

It's a very easy thing to do, absolutely free as well. Please note that a delay of 24 to 48 hours applies for this change to be effective.

I hope that this helps you out Smiley

ATC

Thank you. I did manage to make the change via caliing 611 from my cell and talking to somone who did it on the spot. You're right, it might take some time to take effect. On the phone they said it takes two hours but it's still showing my name. Hopefully it'll be completed soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable
also when you set up your lines in the store, the rep had the capability to change your "user name" on one of the lines to something else, generally i learnt that reps skip over the activation screens in sales central and dont bother to ask u. resulting in additional call backs to fido

ATC

I do recall I gave the rep on the phone my wife's name and details for the second line when I was signing up, I assumed that would then lead to having her name on her caller ID being displayed instead of mine but unfortunately that was not the case.

Anyhow, 24 hours after my request was done her name now correctly shows up for others (I just tested it), so its all good.