cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel The Account

jjkk9
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, this is Jack and I am wondering about the way to shut the account down as I already left Canada. Thank you

37 REPLIES 37

kamran1975

Hi, this is syed and I am wondering about the way to shut the account down as I already left Canada. and my Fido Sim Card has been missed .How can i contact from England without paid international call . Is there any email address to whom i can send emai regarding shut the account down

Thank you

Hey @kamran1975 and welcome to the Community.

When it comes to stopping your account, it will be required that you contact our customer service.

You can find the way to contact us from outside the country here.

kamran1975

Hey Fido Kenny,

Thanks for email and I am happy that I get response someone for my Fido account Cancellation.

I left Canada on 26 Oct 2021 and same day I call Fido from Toronto airport and request kindly cancel my account and when I will come after 12 months I will take new connection  do not need to save my

Fido current #, they told me that they can only temporary suspend my account and have to pay $7 every month  I told her I don’t need temporary suspend I need cancel my Fido account. For these back and forth conversation I spend more than an hour in Toronto airport and then my flight left.

I tried several time to contact customer service but not success ,Now I am in Uk  I have loss my Fido sim and I already deactivate my sim through online . Yesterday I check my account and there is some amount due I have to pay I pay all due amounts on dated 06 Dec 2021.

But I want cancel my account and I have no sim Card and no option available for free international call, when I tried through paid international call to Fido but the waiting time with represeresentative more than 30 minutes each time and I cannot afford international call..

I want to complain to Fido kindly tell me how I can do it online and able to cancel my Fido Account I am not using since 26 Oct 2021 and paying bills without any justification,

Kindly guide me how can I cancel my Fido Account through online or latest complain about FIDO

For their irresponsible behaviour.

Regards

Hello @kamran1975

When it comes to complaints, we take care of those through the customer. The ways to contact us can all be found through the link I sent you above.

I will take care of sending you a PM now to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon.

artmalik
I'm a participant level 1

I have tried three times but the waiting time with represeresentative more than 40 minutes each time

Hey @artmalik

I'll send you a OM.

Talk to you soon!

master-green199

Hi My name is Andrei.I want to cancel my plan.But my phone is broken.Can I cancel through your web site using my laptop.If it possible ;how? Thanks

Hello Andrei,

Cancellation can not be done online through self-serv it can only be done by a Fido representative, you can contact them through any of the available methods listed here.

sa772051

Hi everybody, 

I'm wondering, how I can cancel my services with FIDO. I've understood that I can do it calling the customer service, but I've been trying a lot and I always got the same answer "we are having an overwhelming demand...". 

Regarding that I'm abroad, Is there an option to do it on the website or a friend can go in person to one of the stores and solve it for me?

Simón.

Hey @sa772051!

We're sad to hear that you want to cancel Sad

I moved your post here as it deals with the same topic. Check out FidoCatherine's solution for all the ways you can get in touch with us while abroad! Smiley We'll be more than happy to help!

If you prefer, we can even send you a PM here on the Community, just let us know!

DavidCasanella

Hi there,

I need to cancel my account. I am living abroad and not coming back to Canada for now.

I tried to call the customer service, nobody answer... I tried by facebook, twitter and again I am waiting and waiting without any answer...

Please, can you help me?

Thanks,

David

Hey @DavidCasanella, welcome to the community!

Were you able to get in touch with anyone on Facebook or Twitter? If not I'll be happy to send you a PM! Let me know!

Jessie75

Hello. I would like to cancel a line I have. I was wondering if anyone would be available to help me through PM?

Hey @Jessie75,

Welcome to the community! Smiley

We're sad to learn that you're looking to cancel your account. Nonetheless, we can defintely assist you with that!

You can get in touch with a customer service representative via the phone or live chat here: fido.ca/contactus.

If you prefer, we can also send you a PM here.

Let us know! 

Edo42
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Please correct your information regarding cancelling an account via chat - after some rude exchanges and a defective secureID form I am told cancellations cannot be done though chat.

I have a tablet plan along with my phone plan. I do not use the tablet so I would like to cancel it. It makes no sense to keep it.

I cannot phone as I am at work during your business hours.

Hello there @Edo42 !

We haven't heard back from you. Let us know if you still need help cancelling your account!

Andy21

Hello, I returned to my countey and I need to cancel or close my account. Could you please help me with it?

Thanks

Hi @Andy21

Welcome to Community!

I have moved your post in this thread as it responds to your query. 

John-Atlee

I have tried for days to talk with someone. Impossible. Fido uses it contacts asa maze within a loop.  Cancel my account. I am leaving for an extended amount of time.

Hello @John-Atlee

Sorry to hear you want to cancel your account, but we understand that you are leaving and it needs to be done. The Accepted Solution in this thread explains how the cancellation can be done.