Cancel The Account

I'm a Participant Level 2 jjkk9
I'm a Participant Level 2

Cancel The Account

Hi, this is Jack and I am wondering about the way to shut the account down as I already left Canada. Thank you

Accepted Solution

Re: Cancel the account

Hi there @jjkk9

Thanks for reaching out!

Whenever you wish to cancel your Fido account, you must get in touch with our Customer Service Smiley

You can do so by dialing *611 from your Fido phone while in Canada, or +1-514-925-4590 if you're outside of Canada. Our Call Cenre agents are available Monday to Friday: 8am to 9pm, and Saturday and Sunday, from 9am to 5pm (ET). You can also reach us from a landline, if you have technical difficulties with your Fido. We also accept collect calls. 

You can also LiveChat with a representative through Fido.ca, and view the other "Contact Methods" by clicking here We're also availble to reach through Messenger, on our Facebook Page, or by Direct Message on Twitter. If you'd rather do this with me online here, let me know and we'll contact you by PM Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 13
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3 Edo42
I'm a Participant Level 3

Re: Cancel The Account

Please correct your information regarding cancelling an account via chat - after some rude exchanges and a defective secureID form I am told cancellations cannot be done though chat.

I have a tablet plan along with my phone plan. I do not use the tablet so I would like to cancel it. It makes no sense to keep it.

I cannot phone as I am at work during your business hours.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 13

Hey Edo42!

That doesn't sound right. Live chat agents are able to perform most transactions including closing a line. Did they give you a reason for which they were unable to make the change for you?

Let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 13

Hello there @Edo42 !

We haven't heard back from you. Let us know if you still need help cancelling your account!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 in conversation