cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get the same loyalty retention as my roommate??

penseem
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My roommate and I signed up for the exactly same Fido pulse plan two years ago, since both of our service contracts are coming to an end, she called to request for a loyalty plan a day ago and successfully gained a pulse $45 for 2 gigs data and everything, and after I called a few minutes later and again today, suddenly they can only offer me a "degraded" plan $45 for 1 gig data and limited minutes:))). THIS IS NOT A LOYALTY PLAN AT ALL THIS IS THE DATA, TALK AND TEXT PLAN that's clearly stated on your page:))).  Very nice to know that you treat all your customers differently:))) 

6 REPLIES 6

Sailor83
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I agree, the targeted loyalty plans make no sense. My husband has a better plan than I do, we're on the same account, we signed up at the exact same time yet I can't get the same plan he has. The fact that offers are based on usage history is horrible and I feel like I'be been discriminated against because my usage changed while I was off work for maternity leave, transitioned back to a work from home job where I required extra minutes and finally back to my regular full-time job. My usage and my needs have changed and every time I try to make a change my "offer" gets worse. I'm so upset about this. This is so unfair, especially since I've basically been given a more expensive plan because I just had a baby and my cellphone needs haven't been the same as my husband's. He gets a better deal than me. Thanks a lot.

JASB1
I'm a participant level 2

I would really like one of the mods to explain how they "analyze the usage, CTN history, profile and location of individual subscribers"?

How can the usage be different for two user on the same BYOD plan? Both had two lines on the account, been with fido for almost the same time and living in the same city.

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @JASB1

Although 2 users have been on the same plan for the same amount of the time, their usage can highly differ. 

One of the users could be using a small amount of minutes and go over their monthly data allowance while the other one uses over 2000 minutes and barely any data.

I understand this isn't necessarily your situation, but it would explain why these 2 users received different offers, 

JASB1

Hey @FidoRachel,

So, basically it means if you go over your data limit and use more minutes, FIDO will offer you a better deal. Correct?

I am not trying to be rude or anything but it does not seem fair to me. And this is not the first time i have gotten this answer from the CSR. After being with Fido for 10 years, I am seriously considering taking the two lines somewhere else now.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @penseem,

Welcome to the community!

Even though you and your roommate started with Fido at the same time does not necessarily means you both will be eligible for the same offers. Aside from the length of time you have been with Fido offers can vary depending on usage also. 

Offers do change from time to time you can always check back or a moderator here in the community can have a second look at your account to see if you are eligible for anything else.

Hey @penseem!

I want to let you know that we definitely appreciate your loyalty and the loyalty of all our customers!

That said, there are many factors that can impact the offers targeted to your account. Offers given are based on analyzing the usage, CTN history, profile and location of individual subscribers.

I hope this clears it up! Don't hesitate to reach out if you'd like us to go over your account.