Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad experience

dtibar
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi,

I’ve been with Fido now for over 8 years. I always pay my bills on time and would consider myself to be a good customer for Fido to have.

i recently was considering upgrading my iPhone 6 to an iPhone X; unfortunately to be able to do this and get the phone at a reduced rate I would have to “upgrade” my plan. I use upgrade in quotations because I would actually get less data, and have to pay more. I think that this is ubsurd! Fido I showing me how much they care about my loyalty by telling me I’ve got to pay more and get less to get the iPhone X at a reasonable price.

i think this customer service it horrible and am now considering finding a new cell phone provider that will treat me with respect.

Regards,

Derek

21 REPLIES 21

Seashell28
I'm a participant level 1

Since Rogers bought Fido I could instantly see the changes for the worse. Considering leaving also. Big conglomerates buying out the little guys and the customer service goes right out the window

Hey @Seashell28 !

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

I can assure you that offering great customer service is still one of our top priorities.

Should you need assistance with your account or services, don't hesitate to contact us and we'll do our very best to help! 

Tostos

Fido is the worst phone provider everrrr!!!! Even their supervisor in customer service don't know what they are doing. I paid for my prev bill through the phone. The lady said I have no outstanding balance and mention i will receive an email confirming my payment. I now received my new bill saying i need to pay $400 and something. I was like what, where did that come from. I explained the situation to the supervisor and he said that my paper bill and email confirmation doesn't mean anything that its w.e shows up on their system that matters. FIDO IS FRAUD and they need to SHUT DOWN. how can you send me a bill with no outstanding balance and now said me a different bill with all these accusation of me missing payments. I pay my bill every month and i also confirm with the customer service rep that i don't owe them anything. After my contract ends....I'm leaving them. they Suck and i don't advise anyone to have their services.

Thanks for reading #saynotofido

Hello @Tostos and welcome to the Community.

I can that you really have hard feelings towards Fido due to the experience you received.

Giving you a good service is priority for us and I can assure you that we are here to assist you with your account.

We also want to keep you with us here at Fido. To go over your account, we will need access to your information to see what happened exactly. 

I invite you to contact us through our channels to get this looked into here.

customerend

I've been talking with customer service for more than 3 hours...It's a very frustrating process. I've talk first with loyalty for about an hour and they give me a number of reference for the deal that I have been offered. I was supposed to have my phone by mail....15 days later, I call again because I didn't receive anyting. I finally talk to somebody who puts me on hold for 20 min...I call again. Nobody has a trace of my transactions. Again, they try to offer me some promotions that don't even match what I had agree at first. They said, I understand...Can you wait on the line please...45 minutes by call. Six calls, hours on the line... Horrible customer service. At the time I write this message I'm on the line since 51 minutes to talk to a supervisor.....They send me to the store where they said call the loyalty service!!! It's crazy!!! Very, very bad experience....

Hey @customerend

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sad to hear about your experience. It's definitely not how we want you to feel. 

The process should be easier that's for sure.

Can you tell us a little more about the situation? Also, was it resolved in the end?

Please let us know so we can make this right.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey dtibar! 

Welcome to the Community! 

It's unfortunate to see that you're thinking about leaving us after 8 great years. I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank you for sticking with us for so long and to let you know that we definitely don't want to see you go. 

We absolutely understand where you're coming from here. We get the importance of finding a good deal and getting the most bang for your buck and we are constantly working to provide that for all our customers through the awesome plans and service we offer. 

That said, premium smartphone prices have gone up a lot over the last few years, for all companies, and thus, the subsidies provided on each device has gone up a lot as well. We have had to revisit and adjust our offers to reflect today's reality in order to be able to provide plans which would allow you to get the maximum device savings  possible. 

If you'd like to take another look over your options, we're here to help. Just let us know and we'll send you a PM to get the ball rolling. 

dtibar

The bottom line is this:

If you’re not going to work with me to keep my existing plan and get a good deal on a new phone, I will leave. 

The ball is in your court.

regards,

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

It appears that you have no intention to work with Fido.

There are tons of good deals Fido offers on new phones. However, you want the latest and the best but you are not willing to pay for it.

You claim that Fido is offering bad service; however, if you notice Fido has been responding to you and trying to help by sending you PM.  When was the last time a company will take their time to reach out to their customers? If that is bad service to you, then you have unrealistic expectations based on what you can bring to the table.

Keep in mind that iphone prices are fixed by Apple and you are not going to find any good deals when you shop around. Most compeitors knows how to play the "shop around game" so they all tend to offer plans at the same prices. You just belittle Fido staff with that 9 year customer loytality excuse.  There are some of us here who have been with Fido for 20 years and we still get treated equally.  It's called Fair and Equal Treatment.

You remind me of one time I witness a confrontation between a teenage kid and the sales manager where the teenage kid wants a fully loaded late model bmw 3 series coupe yet willing to pay for 2/3 of the MRSP. He later walked out screaming at the dealership to get attention with his parents mumbling "Well, you only have 1/4 of the money saved up. Go get a civic!".

dtibar

Thanks for your 2 cents. I used to sell cell phones for a living, I know how the business works. They CAN give me the phone I want at a reduced rate various different ways, they just don’t WANT to. They can give me all the excuses they want. I’m not buying it. I know how cell phone companies work. 

Kurt_Russell
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

So you say now that the ball is in fido's court, however, as we see each time you post, the ball is in fact in your court, hypocrite much ?  LOL

Okay, bad joke.

Manage to communicate with the mods to see if they could do something for you I hope ? 

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Sine the OP used to cell phones for a living (or at least he or she claimed to be), this individual knows that the big boys (Rogers, Telus, Bell Mobility) won't entertain such requests. That's why this individual decides to blow some smoke and pick on Fido (the smaller players) in hopes to get his way.

Like I said, shame on this indivdual for being a bully!. 

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

If you claim that you used to sell cell phones for a living and you know how the business works, then you probably know the reason why Fido don't want to offer the phone discount for you.  I can safely bet that the "excuses" Fido is giving you is probably the same excuse you have given to your customers when they want a discount but you don't want to give it to them.

I can safely say that your customer must have ranted on you giving them "bad experence" just because you won't give them a discount on a phone they wanted. You probably know that claiming customer loyality therefore royal treatment and threatening to do business elsewhere does not work either but you try it anyway in hoping to get people's attention.  Shame on you !! 

We'd hate to lose a long term customer such as yourself, dtibar. 

Don't hesitate to reply to our last PM if you would like to continue going over your options. 

dtibar

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I would like to stick with Fido, but if I can’t get a reasonable price on a good phone with the plan I currently have, I will leave. What I’m asking for is fair. I don’t think I’m asking too much to get a good price on a new phone, do you? After 8 years I think I’m being treated unfairly.

Regards,

Hey @dtibar

It is definitely not our intentions to make you feel this way. We would hate to see you leave, I'll send you a PM so we can check this out together!

dtibar

More unsurprising bad new from Fido. 

Every time I call Fido to get help, I get the run around. Of course I have internet, TV, home phone with someone else and rarely have issues, but Fido I can always count on problems every single time I call to get help.

recently I’ve gotten wifi at my work and no longer need the 10GB plan I have now. I call for help, the customer service rep has me on hold for over 5 minutes trying to look for a plan that’s more suitable. He comes back and tells me he’s found me a plan for $10 less with only 3 gigs of data. I laughed and hung up. I just want a fair price for a plan! It’s not hard Fido. Treat your customers with respect.

Thank you for your feedback @dtibar. We appreciate every opportunity we get to improve the service we provide.

As a customer I totally get that you're looking to lower your plan when you no longer need that much data and save where you can. That said, I do want to reassure you that we do try to accommodate our customers as much as we can, but we can only offer what is available on our end given if you're on agreement vs not on an agreement. 

Did you take a look at our available options on fido.ca?

dtibar

What’s a PM? Someone else said they were going to send me one too...?

PM= Private Message. 

Will continue with you there. Smiley