Bad experience

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3 dtibar
I'm a Participant Level 3

Bad experience

Hi,

I’ve been with Fido now for over 8 years. I always pay my bills on time and would consider myself to be a good customer for Fido to have.

i recently was considering upgrading my iPhone 6 to an iPhone X; unfortunately to be able to do this and get the phone at a reduced rate I would have to “upgrade” my plan. I use upgrade in quotations because I would actually get less data, and have to pay more. I think that this is ubsurd! Fido I showing me how much they care about my loyalty by telling me I’ve got to pay more and get less to get the iPhone X at a reasonable price.

i think this customer service it horrible and am now considering finding a new cell phone provider that will treat me with respect.

Regards,

Derek

Accepted Solution

Re: Bad experience

Hey dtibar! 

Welcome to the Community! 

It's unfortunate to see that you're thinking about leaving us after 8 great years. I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank you for sticking with us for so long and to let you know that we definitely don't want to see you go. 

We absolutely understand where you're coming from here. We get the importance of finding a good deal and getting the most bang for your buck and we are constantly working to provide that for all our customers through the awesome plans and service we offer. 

That said, premium smartphone prices have gone up a lot over the last few years, for all companies, and thus, the subsidies provided on each device has gone up a lot as well. We have had to revisit and adjust our offers to reflect today's reality in order to be able to provide plans which would allow you to get the maximum device savings  possible. 

If you'd like to take another look over your options, we're here to help. Just let us know and we'll send you a PM to get the ball rolling. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 14
MVP
MVP

@dtibar wrote:

Hi,

I’ve been with Fido now for over 8 years. I always pay my bills on time and would consider myself to be a good customer for Fido to have.

i recently was considering upgrading my iPhone 6 to an iPhone X; unfortunately to be able to do this and get the phone at a reduced rate I would have to “upgrade” my plan. I use upgrade in quotations because I would actually get less data, and have to pay more. I think that this is ubsurd! Fido I showing me how much they care about my loyalty by telling me I’ve got to pay more and get less to get the iPhone X at a reasonable price.

i think this customer service it horrible and am now considering finding a new cell phone provider that will treat me with respect.

Regards,

Derek

Sorry about your experience; however, I have some questions for you.

Paying bills ontime is everyone's responsibility and does not really make you a good customer.  In addition, cell phone service changes daily due to inflation, cost of license,...etc. Obviously your 8 year old grandfathered plan does not qualify for iphone X subsidity thus Fido "forces" you to change to a more current plan (That's what you get when you buy apple).  Since you have to pay more and get less, you now "claim" that Fido does not treat you with respect and their customer service is horrible becuase Fido is picking on someone who has been with them for 8 years.  

In your situation, the best way to upgrade to iphone X is to buy the phone outright so you can keep your existing plan.  If you don't want to pay that much then iphone X is not the right phone for you.  That's apple's mentality and the "cost" of owning or investing in Apple products.  If you find the phone way over your price range, perhaps iphone X is not the right product for you.  It is not Fido's fault that the phone costs so much. It's apple's pricing strategy to separate out the prestige from the general public.

Lastly, let me remind you that Fido treats all customers equal, regardless of how long you have been with them.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 14
Solution

Hey dtibar! 

Welcome to the Community! 

It's unfortunate to see that you're thinking about leaving us after 8 great years. I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank you for sticking with us for so long and to let you know that we definitely don't want to see you go. 

We absolutely understand where you're coming from here. We get the importance of finding a good deal and getting the most bang for your buck and we are constantly working to provide that for all our customers through the awesome plans and service we offer. 

That said, premium smartphone prices have gone up a lot over the last few years, for all companies, and thus, the subsidies provided on each device has gone up a lot as well. We have had to revisit and adjust our offers to reflect today's reality in order to be able to provide plans which would allow you to get the maximum device savings  possible. 

If you'd like to take another look over your options, we're here to help. Just let us know and we'll send you a PM to get the ball rolling. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 14

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I would like to stick with Fido, but if I can’t get a reasonable price on a good phone with the plan I currently have, I will leave. What I’m asking for is fair. I don’t think I’m asking too much to get a good price on a new phone, do you? After 8 years I think I’m being treated unfairly.

Regards,

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 14

Hey @dtibar

It is definitely not our intentions to make you feel this way. We would hate to see you leave, I'll send you a PM so we can check this out together!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 14

What’s a PM? Someone else said they were going to send me one too...?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 14

PM= Private Message. 

Will continue with you there. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 14

The bottom line is this:

If you’re not going to work with me to keep my existing plan and get a good deal on a new phone, I will leave. 

The ball is in your court.

regards,

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 14

We'd hate to lose a long term customer such as yourself, dtibar. 

Don't hesitate to reply to our last PM if you would like to continue going over your options. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 14
MVP
MVP

It appears that you have no intention to work with Fido.

There are tons of good deals Fido offers on new phones. However, you want the latest and the best but you are not willing to pay for it.

You claim that Fido is offering bad service; however, if you notice Fido has been responding to you and trying to help by sending you PM.  When was the last time a company will take their time to reach out to their customers? If that is bad service to you, then you have unrealistic expectations based on what you can bring to the table.

Keep in mind that iphone prices are fixed by Apple and you are not going to find any good deals when you shop around. Most compeitors knows how to play the "shop around game" so they all tend to offer plans at the same prices. You just belittle Fido staff with that 9 year customer loytality excuse.  There are some of us here who have been with Fido for 20 years and we still get treated equally.  It's called Fair and Equal Treatment.

You remind me of one time I witness a confrontation between a teenage kid and the sales manager where the teenage kid wants a fully loaded late model bmw 3 series coupe yet willing to pay for 2/3 of the MRSP. He later walked out screaming at the dealership to get attention with his parents mumbling "Well, you only have 1/4 of the money saved up. Go get a civic!".

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation