Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change number of rings for voicemail

forever518
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi all,

Is it possible to change number of rings before it gets transfered to voicemailbox? 

Default is 4rings, i heard 6 is possible too?

thanks,

8 REPLIES 8

Alexxx888
I'm a participant level 1

It is absolutely possible to switch to 6 rings from 4.  I just did this today by calling Fido customer service (Service quality levels have really gone downhill as it took me all of 1 hr to get such a simple thing done - Fido system glitch to billing department to 'Rogers' tech support who said "it's impossible, 100% for Fido customers".  Turns out he was so incredibly stubborn and wrong.  Transfered me to 'Fido tech support' which happened to be 'Fido internet'.  The kind lady placed me on hold, while contacting Rogers/Fido mobile support to and get me to someone who could handle this.  NOTE: this is NOT possible for Rogers cusomers (as of March 2023), but only possible for Fido customers.  It was handled by Rogers/Fido mobile support and the kind lady even did some testing.  It took litterally an hour to get done, speaking to 4 representatives (10 years ago when I did it with Fido support, it was handled on the first call and immediately).  As an aside, Rogers/Fido really need to step up the monitoring and communication internally for support and continuous improvement.

Hey @Alexxx888

Happy to hear we were able to assist you in changing the number of rings of your voicemail!

We're sorry to hear about your experience though, it's definitely not the type of experience we want our customers to have.

Thank you for your feedback. Smiley

thePoodleFarmer
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

Fast forward to March 2024 and the situation hasn't improved. I called customer support to have the rings before going to voicemail changed to the maximum. The first Rep told me it could be done but she would have to transfer me to Tech Support, which is strange because I followed the menu prompts to get to Tech Support. So where was I?

After another period on hold, the next Tech Support person said it couldn't be done. She had been through this recently with another customer and it wasn't possible with the new system. Her suggested solution was to disable voicemail so the phone would just keep ringing.

I explained that I was a FIDO customer, not Rogers and that was enough for her to take some time to investigate. " I saw the process on the FIDO Community Support Forum. " After being on hold  while she consulted with her support team she was able to find someone who knew how to change the configuration and increase the time interval to 30 seconds.

It only took 35 minutes. So be prepared, be confident, be firm. It isn't quick as nobody has sent a memo out to Tech Support explaining the process to make this happen quickly and efficiently. 🐩

Milomika

Hi, how to extend the ring? Thanks

Hey @Milomika!

As stated in the solution, for account related inquiries such as this, you need to reach out to customer service to make the change. This is something that can only be completed with customer service.

You can consult our contact us page here.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Community 😀

The number of rings can be increased up to 6 rings (30 seconds) before a call is sent to the voicemail. 

Since since has to do with an account related questions, you can contact us through one of those methods to better assist you.

Talk soon!

TamaraJC

Can someone please send information on how to change the number of rings before voicemail answers.

Hey @TamaraJC

You'd need to contact customer service, and they'll be able to have this change applied to your account. Smiley

Thanks!