cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change my plan and phone now?

kpgslzr
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, I've changed my plan about a month ago to 3gb data for $65 and I still have $100 balance for my phone which will be paid off in December. However I'm really unhappy with my current phone and I was looking at the Pixel 2, which I've really wanted for a while anyway. I would love to switch to the exclusive offer I see when I go on Upgrade Device from My Account, as it includes the Pixel 2 for $0 for a reasonable price per month. I understand I have to pay off the remaining $100 right away, but would I be able to switch to this new plan now, given that I just recently changed my plan?

I'm also not able to continue with my cart and it says information not available online - does that mean there would be a problem and I can't switch?

Thanks for any help!

1 REPLY 1

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @kpgslzr,

Welcome to our Community Smiley

I would first like to reassure you that you can change your plan at any time and as many times as you wish, regardless of the last time when a change was made. It's important to note that if you downgrade your plan to a lower category than the one you're on, a downgrade fee might apply if you have received a subsidy on a phone attached to a specific tier. 

It seems like you might've been targeted for a special offer and it's definitely possible that you benefit from it and upgrade to a new device as long as you buy out the remaining subsidy on your current phone.

I'll send you a PM to help you out with the order and the plan change Smiley

If ever you have account related questions in the future, you can also reach out to us here.

Talk soon!