cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive a message on temporary suspension

JCGreen
I'm a participant level 2

My phone is in temporary suspension while I’m abroad and I am trying to sign into my iCloud account to restore my new iPhone after the previous died from water damage. Apple require me to give them a code sent by message to my phone number that’s in temporary suspension. Is there a way I can get that 1 message without getting out of the temporary suspension? If I come out of the suspension I don’t want to be paying over 50$ for 1 message.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JCGreen wrote:

My phone is in temporary suspension while I’m abroad and I am trying to sign into my iCloud account to restore my new iPhone after the previous died from water damage. Apple require me to give them a code sent by message to my phone number that’s in temporary suspension. Is there a way I can get that 1 message without getting out of the temporary suspension? If I come out of the suspension I don’t want to be paying over 50$ for 1 message.

Thanks

Hello JCGreen,

Have you checked if iCloud / Apple has a different way to gain access to your account other than sending you a text message? A lot of service providers have 2 or more alternate ways of accessing your account such as send an email to your secondary e-mail on file or answering some security questions you setup. If this works, you do not have to unsuspend your phone line just to receive one text message, give it a try, and let us know.

JCGreen

Thanks everyone for the replies. Since Fido waiting time is over 20 minutes I decided to do an Apple ID account recovery. I will add a second trusted phone number to my account so I don’t have this problem again. Thanks again for the help.

FidoKenny

Hey @JCGreen and thanks for reaching out.

On a temporary  suspension, you can't:

- Place or receive calls to our 611 & toll-free numbers

- Send or receive text messages

- Receive voicemail messages

- Use data

The only way would be to remove your suspension.

To take care of that, you can contact our customer service through our channels here.