Roaming Charges

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 klam86748
I'm a Participant Level 1

Roaming Charges

If I am in the US, will I have to pay if people call ME from Canada?

Accepted Solution

Re: Roaming Charges

Hello Klam86748,

Welcome to the community!

Just to clarify, having someone leave a voicemail does not necessarily result in roaming charges. If you do not answer a call (ie let the call ring through), the call will get forwarded to your voicemail via the Fido networks. On the other hand, if you reject or decline a call when travelling, the call gets forwarded to your voicemail via a foreign network. The former would not incur roaming fees while the latter will likely incur fees. You should note, however, that retrieving your messages while travelling will be considered roaming and charged accordingly. Answering any incoming call would also result in roaming charges. 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
MVP
MVP
Solution

Re: Roaming Charges

Hello Klam86748,

Welcome to the community!

Just to clarify, having someone leave a voicemail does not necessarily result in roaming charges. If you do not answer a call (ie let the call ring through), the call will get forwarded to your voicemail via the Fido networks. On the other hand, if you reject or decline a call when travelling, the call gets forwarded to your voicemail via a foreign network. The former would not incur roaming fees while the latter will likely incur fees. You should note, however, that retrieving your messages while travelling will be considered roaming and charged accordingly. Answering any incoming call would also result in roaming charges. 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation