Prepaid balance over $150

I'm a Participant Level 1 ytsui
I'm a Participant Level 1

Prepaid balance over $150

Hi,

I recently got a text message from Fido saying that I can only have a maximum prepaid balance of $150, starting in February 2018. Currently, my account has around $220 and the expiry date is in mid-December 2018. 

Does that mean my balance would be reduced to $150 in February?

Is there anyway that I can be compensated for the deduction of ~$70 worth of airtime?

Thanks!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 36
I'm a Participant Level 3 by007
I'm a Participant Level 3

Re: Prepaid balance over $150

@FidoClaudia Somebody who claimed to be from your office of president (ext. ****) sent me an SMS to ask him call him.  Has been called him for the whole week but no answers.  I left at least 5 voice messages.  I even provided him my email.  No reply, nobody cares.

I am going to submit the cast the CBC Go Public on Feb. 1st as my first step.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 31 of 36
I'm a Participant Level 3 by007
I'm a Participant Level 3

@ytsui we are on the same boat.  This is nothing but robbery.  I'd encourage you to file complaints to CRTC and CCTS.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 32 of 36

Hey @by007

Due to higher volumes, there are delays with the call backs from our Office of the President. I assure you, you will be called back!

Thanks for your patience! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 33 of 36
I'm a Participant Level 2 kmarin
I'm a Participant Level 2

I'd also like to voice my frustration with this new policy as I too use my phone mainly for emergencies (local and while traveling) and have accumulated a large balance.  Since receiving the text message informing of the change, I have had no communication from Fido aside from an e-mail 2 days ago offering to extend my expiry date by 6 months for $50.  

When I contacted Fido, I was given the option to extend my expiry date by 2 years for $200 but will still lose the rest of my money over the $150 cap at the end of the year.  As with the previous posters, this is something that is unacceptable to me.  When I referenced the Toronto Star article and how both individuals were able to extend their expiry date AND have the usual $100 yearly extension fee waived (due to general usage and likely a gesture of goodwill to allow the balance to be used up in an agreeable manner), I was informed that this was not possible with Fido as the company uses different tools than Rogers (e.g., systems).  Although the Fido representative assisted me as best as she could, I have problems with this explanation as well as with the lack of communication.

I would like to find out what options Fido is planning on offering to affected customers so that I make an informed decision on how to use my accumulated balance in the way that best suits my needs, rather than throwing money away in order to reach the $150 balance cap. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 34 of 36
Highlighted

Hey @kmarin and thanks for reaching out.

Let's verify your current available options now.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 35 of 36
I'm a Participant Level 1 jeangray
I'm a Participant Level 1

I'm in the same position as others that have a balance in excess of the new "limit" .  The current "options" are of no use to me and I use my phone infrequently so I cannot use up my balance prior to stolen by Rogers

Why not publicly post what the new options are ?  not everyone has time to sit on hold for hours. 

Sad that this is the way Rogers treats long standing customers.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 36 of 36
Discussion stats