Why am I getting such poor customer service, and now what should I do?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 Mr_Harley
I'm a Participant Level 1

Why am I getting such poor customer service, and now what should I do?

I've been a long-time Fido customer, but I'm about to go insane due to what's transpired over the past week or so.

First, I received a text message saying that my 40c/min plan was going to automatically switch to a 10.75/month plan for 50 minutes.

Soon after, I received another text message saying that balances would max out at $150/year, and that Fido would "get back to me" regarding how I could spend my high balance. Well, they never did.

So, logic dictated to me that the only way to deal with this situation was to first, cancel the switchover to the new plan and stay on my 40c/min plan, and second, to burn off the high balance by doing the $100 expiry extension for a year.

So, I walked to a Fido store to ask them some questions about this, because I didn't really understand what all this meant for me and what was going on, or if I could even do what I wanted to do. I was met with a blank stare while the customer rep tried to scroll on the screen of my keyboard phone (which obviously didn't scroll), then tell me I would have to call up Fido since they "couldn't deal with that."

Alright, so I called up Fido. The lady asked me if I wanted to activate my sim card, which immediately confused me because I made no mention of doing that, and then I asked if I could stop the plan switchover and extend my plan by burning off $100. She apparently took care of all this for me and I'm all set.

Two days later, Fido sends me another text: "Thanks for switching to the new plan, we've successfully billed you!" After wiping my face a few times, I call Fido up again after a tremendous wait time and ask them why this has happened. The man informs me that there has been a technical error and that he'll fix it. He does, but for some reason undoes everything I had asked the previous rep to do. I'm back to a full balance again and I'm soon to be charged since the monthly expiry is coming up. So, I ask him again to redo the two requested changes to my account: block the switchover and burn off the $100. He does so.

And this is when I really get disappointed: after talking to not one, not two, but three Fido reps about my situation, not even one of them mentions to me that what I'm about to do is foolish, because I could have simply deducted the new plan's monthly charge from my existing credit and got the 50 minutes a month, instead of now having to stretch sixty minutes over the next twelve months. No one told me I could use my credit balance towards this. Not one rep informed me that this would be a vastly better deal, and through all the mistakes and confusion, allowed me to simply throw away the $100. 

So, now that I know this (I had to figure it out on my own, and I only realized it after I had discovered Fido erroneously began charging me for the new plan, which they withdrew out of my balance), how can I get this situation reversed? How can I go about having my balance restored and switching to the new plan, since it's a much better deal?

Do I have to call Fido again? Should I skip that and just go to the Better Business Bureau because it's reached a point where it seems like it's probably going to be a huge struggle to right things? It's really, really frustrating. I don't get it. I thought you guys were supposed to be looking out for us, your customers?

I'd like to know what to do next, because this simply isn't fair, especially after all the mistakes and the promises for additional information that never came. Fido said in its text that it would tell me how I could use my balance, but never did. I didn't receive any follow up text, and the contact link included in the text led to me customer service reps who didn't give me the information I needed to make the best choice.

Your time and response are appreciated,

Matt

Accepted Solution

Re: Why am I getting such poor customer service, and now what should I do?

Hey @Mr_Harley,

Welcome to our Community.

I'm sincerely saddened to learn that your past experience with us wasn't a pleasant one Sad

I assure you that we always have our customers' best interest at heart and that this doesn't represent how we like to treat our customers. We'd love a chance to check it out with you and hopefully turn things around!

I'll send you a PM to take a closer look at your account.

Talk to you soon.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Solution

Re: Why am I getting such poor customer service, and now what should I do?

Hey @Mr_Harley,

Welcome to our Community.

I'm sincerely saddened to learn that your past experience with us wasn't a pleasant one Sad

I assure you that we always have our customers' best interest at heart and that this doesn't represent how we like to treat our customers. We'd love a chance to check it out with you and hopefully turn things around!

I'll send you a PM to take a closer look at your account.

Talk to you soon.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation