I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I use extra 2g

and I want to know how much I will be charged

4 REPLIES 4

Megcs
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I got charged $21 for 233mb of overage. I have 3Gb of data so I’m never worried about going over. I don’t know how I went over so much and didn’t notice until the point of 233mb to turn off data completely.

i swear I used to get notifications when I was say... 80% data used. I got no notifications.

Is this normal?

Thanks,

Megan S. (The charge itself just seems high, how much extra per mb of data? Can’t find it in my plan anywhere)

Hello Megcs,

Welcome to the community!

@Megcs wrote:

I got charged $21 for 233mb of overage. ...(The charge itself just seems high, how much extra per mb of data? Can’t find it in my plan anywhere)

As already noted, your overage rate depends on the details of your plan. However, you should note that overage rates are not per Mb. They are for a set amount of data (ie 100Mb, 250Mb, etc). Most newer plans have a rate of $7 per 100Mb. That overage rate would account for the charges you incurred. That said, you should be able to view your actual overage rate with My Account.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey @Megcs 

Welcome to Community!

I have moved your post in this thread as it deals with the similar topic.

The overage rates depend on your price plan as mentioned by FidoAmanda.

Regarding the data notifications, we send them as a courtesy to our customers. You should not rely on those to monitor your usage.

Is there any other way you monitor your usage?

Have you downloaded the Fido application?

We would need to take a closer look at your account to further assist you. You can contact us or alternatively, I can also send you a PM.

Let me know.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey nrshier!

Welcome to the Community!

Your overage rate will depend on which plan you have. 

You can find your overage rate in My Account when logging in on Fido.ca under your plan details. Smiley