cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add my phone's imei to my account

alexinder
I'm a participant level 2

I am wondering if customer service can help me to add my phone info to my account. Could that be possible? I am currently using Oneplus 3. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @alexinder

With the majority of unlocked phones, it is not possible to add the IMEI to your account as it's not a Fido phone. Only the IMEI's of phones sold through us get added to the account.

That said, the last IMEI you have used your SIM in does register on the account.

Was there a specific reason you wanted to do this?

alexinder

Thank you for your reply, I just want to make sure that I can get the IMS settings from fido.

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

You can get the APN and MMS settings here (if this is what you are looking for): 

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/NonTechnical/thread-id/20239

alexinder

I currently using the OnePlus 3 at waterloo, ON, but I don't see the LTE Advanced, there is only LTE. So, I am wondering if something wrong. Thank you.

Thanks for clarifying @alexinder Very_Happy

LTE-A is currently available to more than half of all Canadians and growing. When you’re connected to the LTE-Advanced network, you’ll see LTE+ on your device screen.

It's possible that you're in an area that does not yet have the service.  If you’re not in an area that has LTE-A service, just remember that LTE technology, which is available to over 95% of the population, provides you with the consistent and reliable experience you need on your device today.

On the other hand, not all phones support this service. Smartphones that can take advantage of this faster network technology are new and evolving. To connect to LTE-A, you must have an LTE device that is capable of pairing the right bands of spectrum together. You can check your device’s specifications online.

I hope this info helps out!