Suspended lost phone, how to activate new one??

Highlighted
I’m a connoisseur User8991
I’m a connoisseur

Suspended lost phone, how to activate new one??

Not sure if i miss a step or something..

• Lost my mobile recently and suspended that device through customer service.
  • Got a phone and I think its considered unlocked [Xiao Mi A1]
  • I have update sim card number alrdy and insert new sim card into my new phone.
  • Already set up the APN

I tried to call someone and the call was forwarded to fido voicemail saying did you find your device press 1....etc etc.

I'm confused...So do I just need to click 'reactivate my device' to get my fido service back to make it functions on my new phone? or this will just reactivate the fido network for the lost/stolen device?

Accepted Solution

Re: Suspended lost phone, how to activate new one??

Hi @User8991 & welcome to the Community!

The lost/stolen block is added on your SIM card. Since you've updated your SIM, you'll need to select reactivate my device to get service on your new phone. Smiley Happy

Cheers!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Solution

Hi @User8991 & welcome to the Community!

The lost/stolen block is added on your SIM card. Since you've updated your SIM, you'll need to select reactivate my device to get service on your new phone. Smiley Happy

Cheers!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
MVP
MVP

Hello User8991,

Welcome to the community!

While I cannot comment on the steps to activate your new SIM following a lost/stolen device, which version of the Xiaomi Mi A1 do you have? You should note that some versions (see here and here) do not have any compatible LTE bands/frequencies. The version listed on the Canadian Xiaomi community lists only one compatible LTE band/frequency, band 7 or 2600MHz (see here). You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. While the version listed on the Canadian site should work on the LTE networks, coverage depends on corresponding bands/frequencies on your surrounding towers. You can get an idea of your area towers here.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
I’m a connoisseur User8991
I’m a connoisseur

Thanks!

Not sure...but I know its Hong Kong version Xiao Mi A1 that supports 2G/3G/4G.  

[https://apn-canada.gishan.net/compatibility/1933_6_fido_compatibility_with_xiaomi_mi_a1.php]

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
MVP
MVP

Hello again,

Thanks for the additional information!

The Hong Kong version should have two compatible LTE bands/frequencies, bands 4 and 7 (1700/2100MHz and 2600MHz, respectively; see here). The same stipulation the cellular towers applies. However, having two compatible bands/frequencies is better than one (or none)!

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation