Preauthorized payment

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 Me-12345
I'm a Participant Level 2

Preauthorized payment

Hi,

I've a preauthorized payment for Fido on my bank account which is due on the 8th, but as I know I'm a few cents short, I just did a CC payment to avoid an NSF, and right now my fido account balance is at zero.

Will the preauthorized payment still withdrawing money from my bank account on January 8th?

Thanks for letting me know.

Accepted Solution

Re: Preauthorized payment

Hey @Me-12345

Welcome to the Community!

Everything should be fine. Your first automatic payment is always taken 14 business days after the next cycle close date.

And if it's not your first, it should still detect that the balance was paid and not be taken from your bank account.

I hope this clarifies a bit Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Solution

Hey @Me-12345

Welcome to the Community!

Everything should be fine. Your first automatic payment is always taken 14 business days after the next cycle close date.

And if it's not your first, it should still detect that the balance was paid and not be taken from your bank account.

I hope this clarifies a bit Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Participant Level 2 Me-12345
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thanks for your reply. I was really scared as for the last bill Fido attempted withrawing money twice for a week in a row and that resulted in two $45 NSF charges on my bank account. Really nasty!!! I'm definitely planning to change my payment method at the end of this month, certainly the PAP is not worth all that trouble and it's not risk-free. When I tried to reach out to Fido over the phone/chat, it was simply impossible to speak to an agent, reason why I've chosen Fido community, and apparently that's the best way to reach out to customer service. So again, thanks for your help! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4

We're happy to help, Me-12345! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation