Rollover vs Overusage

Highlighted
I’m a connoisseur tayu
I’m a connoisseur

Rollover vs Overusage

hi fido,

just following up if there is any progress on my last post a month ago http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/NonTechnical/message-id/30832 ?

why fido resets my unused resources that I paid for every month? and ask me to pay more whenever I "overused"?? its like I get to choose either waste some resources unused or be charged extra for overuse ... is fido going to review such unfair practice and do something or not?

***Edited to add labels and update title***

Accepted Solution

Re:Rollover vs Overusage

Hey @tayu

At the moment our plans are built in such a way that you are billed for a certain amount of available minutes, text or data per month. The cost gives you access to this usage, and you are billed the same amount even if you were to not use any of the minutes, text or data. 

We recommend using the My Account App or dialling *3337 from your mobile phone to keep track of the usage to avoid over usage. If you notice that, you regularly use under by quite a bit, it may be to your advantage to look for a different plan that better suits your usage.

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Solution

Hey @tayu

At the moment our plans are built in such a way that you are billed for a certain amount of available minutes, text or data per month. The cost gives you access to this usage, and you are billed the same amount even if you were to not use any of the minutes, text or data. 

We recommend using the My Account App or dialling *3337 from your mobile phone to keep track of the usage to avoid over usage. If you notice that, you regularly use under by quite a bit, it may be to your advantage to look for a different plan that better suits your usage.

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I’m a connoisseur tayu
I’m a connoisseur

well... its under because I have been "cautious", not because I don't need those data, if fido accumulate my unused data into my account for later use instead of resetting every month, then I don't need to worry about being charged for use "extra" is it?

current practice is like customer need to constantly check and carefully not to overuse or be charged for extra.... in other words, fido gets to save some data customer already paid for or get revenue increase....  customer always lose. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4

Re: Re:Rollover vs Overusage

Hey @tayu,

Our monthly plans include  a certain amount of minutes, texts, data, etc per month, for a specific cost, depending on the plan you choose and the features that you want to have included. Once a new months starts, your plan resets and for the same cost you get to benefit from the features included for the new month.

I definitely understand your concern about going over your data and having over usage charges though and the best way to avoid over usage is to monitor it is through the My Account App or by dialing *3337 from your mobile phone to keep track .

If you want to make full use of the data included in your plan without going over, you can also check out those trips and tricks that'll help you stay on top of your data Smiley Happy

We can always revise your monthly plan and options if you feel that your current plan doesn't fully suit your usage needs at the moment. If you'd like that, let us know and we'll send you a PM.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation