cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller 844 277 6920

trynittee
I'm a participant level 2

I have been getting calls from 844 277 6920 on and off for weeks.  When I pick up, the call ends.

Frustrated, I came online to research and it turns out this is a FIDO number.  I can read from previous posts that FIDO is confused.  Confusion doesn't instill customer confidence; it suggests you don't understand your own environment.

Whatever automated system you are using, please stop it.  It's clearly not behaving as expected.  I work in IT, and am familiar with systems going awry.  What is more annoying is when management/systems staff are aware there is an issue, the issue has been ongoing for almost a year, and still, end users are being annoyed and pestered.  That is Poor Problem Management.

I have resorted to blocking this phone number from my phone.  

So... where does that leave confidence in Fido with its customers?  And, where does that leave Fido in the future if it really does need to call me from that number?  =Communication is broken down.  However, the issue is with FIDO.  FIDO is letting an ineffective system run, damaging its communication with customers, and doing Nothing to fix it.

I have been a customer since 2005.  And in case it's not clear, I am extremely annoyed.   Usually, FIDO is amazing.  Your customer service is unparalleled.  I have sold many of my friends and family on FIDO just because one call does resolve the issue.  However, I have a low tolerance for issues that have been ongoing for a year.  And the only reply to this post that is acceptable is a specific plan/date on how and when FIDO is addressing it.  Don't post the annoying answers I've seen on other posts:  Hmm.  That's strange.  Or Have you stayed on the line?  

Track FIDO's outgoing call logs for that number, note the number of failed calls and deal with this.

Thank you,

C.  Allan  

58 REPLIES 58

Sending you a PM for that @kellmoo

Chat soon! Smiley 

kellmoo

I'm also getting the same calls.  Hangs-up upon answering, or if I let it go to voice mail, the message that is left is one of Fido's customer service reps saying "Hello....hello?" into a recorded message.

I checked the National Do-Not-Call-List and my number was already registered one year ago.

Whats going on Fido?  How can I get Fido to seas and desist immediately?

trynittee

As the original poster on this thread, I am blown away.  My request is the following:

Before any Moderator responds to this post, please read the thread from the beginning until now. 

I think the issue here is that 844 277 6920 hangs up on people.  Your clients become so frustrated that they Google the phone number to discover in dismay that it is their own phone carrier harassing them.   This has been going of for over a year suggesting a Systemic Issue.  

In an attempt to resolve the issue, Moderators are offering to PM people individually to place them on a Do Not Call list, citing that you can receive calls from organizations with whom you do business.  Although I appreciate the intent to stop the situation, the back and forth "not-so-helpful" interactions from Moderators, the delay in answers (honestly, I haven't looked at this since April, it's now November, why? because I am living my life, not doing admin on my cell phone account) has NOT RESOLVED THE ISSUE: Fido is harassing it's customers with a telemarketing call that hangs up on it's customers.  

I have blocked the number - and I did so in April.  i haven't received an annoying call since then.  And I haven't thought about this topic in over 6 months.  I am dismayed to see the continued wasted time, resources, customer frustration.  I highly suggest more energy is spent on resolving the call hang up instead of the admin in getting your customers to sign up on your Do Not Call List.  That is creating a secondary project to ease the main pain point.  And please don't reply with (we don't have that info, we are checking, sorry you are frustrated, etc).  I can see all of those stock replies in this thread.  please save your typed response and engage your technical team to ....  RESOLVE THE TECHNICAL ISSUE.

And if you can't resolve the issue, SAY SO.  

Respectfully,

A Customer for almost 13 years

Hey @trynittee

We've escalated this and we're looking into it internally.

Thanks for the feedback!

kerrydee
I'm a participant level 1

I have been getting calls from this number every few days. Today I finally picked up, said "hello?" and the call disconnected. Minutes later someone on my contact list received a call that the caller id identified as being from my number, when she answered all she heard was my voice saying "hello? hello? hello?". She called the number back, but it didn't come through to my phone.

So, if this number is a legit fido telemarketting number, then could someone please explain to me what just happened?

SARAMEL

Kind of glad to know that I'm not the only one getting those weird calls, even during the weekends or sometimes late in the night !

I've been called once or twice a day since July, and I still don't understand why.

It is so annoying, I've blocked the number hoping to have some peace now.

Hey,

Welcome to the Community, @kerrydee!

Thanks for letting us know! We'll have this looked into asap! 

ryanm3
I'm a participant level 3

I've been getting these calls all the time too and it's really annoying! I blocked the number but now it just goes to my voicemail. Messages are the same as the other comments on here, it's just a woman's voice saying "hello" and then they hang up. I finally googled the number expecting it to be russian hackers or something, so imagine my surprise when I come across this webpage and find out the spam caller is MY phone company who I PAY MONEY TO EVERY MONTH! Knock it the hell off fido or i will switch to a different carrier. 

ryanm3

And now you're emailing me about a "badge" for participating in your "community"--- I'm a CUSTOMER, TAKE MY MONEY AND LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!!! I'm not paying to be part of a community, God **bleep** It!

Hi @ryanm3,

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

Let me send you a PM to look into it. Sorry about the trouble!

ryanm3

I did not receive it but I don't want a PM anyway, i want you to stop phoning and emailing me. I will contact you if and when I need anything from you.

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We were waiting for you to confirm if you wanted a PM @ryanm3 as you stated you did not want one after all. 

Let us know what you'd like us to do. 

Thanks 

ryanm3

So let me get this straight, you need my permission to send me a message in which you'll get my permission to take me off your marketing list? You guys clearly have some issues you need to get sorted out. I'm going to start looking into other phone companies, but in the mean time, YES, YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO DO WHATEVER NEEDS TO BE DONE TO TAKE ME OFF YOUR MARKETING LIST!

Hello Ryanm3,

Welcome to the community!

I understand your frustration, however, Fido is not the one with the issue here.

Even if you have subscribed to the National Do Not Call list, telemarketing calls from organisations with whom you have an existing business relationship are exempt (see here). Since you have an active phone line with Fido, they are within their right to make these calls -- unless you have specifically requested to be placed on their Do Not Call list. It would be the same situation with any company with whom you have an existing business relationship.

To add your account to Fido's Do Not Call list using this forum, the moderators would need to access to your account and verify your account information. Since this is a public forum, verifying personal information in an open thread is not appropriate, hence the request to send you a private message (PM). You initially refused to receive their PM. They're just trying to help resolve your situation.

Cheers

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

You're automatically registered to our marketing lists as a Fido customer. In order to remove you from our marketing lists we need to access your account. For this reason, we need to send you a PM. 

As you stated you did not want a PM we did not send you one. You'll be receiving one shortly to proceed with your request. 

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @ryanm3,

We can remove you from our telemarketing list but we'll need to PM you to do that.

Sounds good? 

ryanm3

Still no messages as you can see from the screenshot below, but im getting sick of having to refresh this page, this is YOUR telemarketing list, figure it out!!Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 9.55.34 PM.png

trynittee

Although, yes, adding my name to the Do Not Call list is welcome, it does not address the issue that has been posted on this site multiple times: this number calls your customers and hangs up on them.  

When will this issue be addressed?

therobbbyn

I agree, this is super annoying and y'all need to stop.

Here's how it started: A Fido rep called my new number about a month ago. I was hella confused, as I left Fido oa year ago. I guess they call people after about a year to try and win them back, offering promotions etc. I made it very clear that I was not at all interested in any of their services and happy with my current provider.

Then, about three weeks later or so, the daily calls from 844 277 6920 started. I picked up once, and it was just silence and then disconnected. Then, the ringing stopped so quickly the next time I didn't have time to answer. So then I blocked the number on my phone, but the way that blocking works I still get silent notifications after a call was registered from that number.

So turns out this number has been calling me minimally once a day for about a week now. Messaged Fido support on Twitter, told them this was getting out of hand. They offered to add me to their DNC list (and needed to access my old, closed Fido account, registered to a different number... no idea why, I should just be able to give you my number and you should be able to add that to the DNC list.) I agreed, and they said it can take up to ten days to take effect etc.

I am sure that through pure coincidence, the calls ramped up the day after (!!!). Just this morning (on a Saturday) I have already received two calls before 11am. So I message support again, telling them, and they say that my number is associated with a different person on Fido, and whether my current number was with a different provider (!? first of all, you know that it is; second of all, how can the same number exist twice??)

I  have so many questions, but either way, I don't even want answers, I just need those insanely frequent calls to stop. I am not your customer anymore, haven't been for a year, and for sure won't be returning (especially not after this experience).

EDIT: Now they say they can only remove my email address, but can't remove my number from their internal DNC list as my account has been cancelled, and suggest adding myself to the National DNC. Unfortunately I have been on said National DNC for a long time, and yet I keep getting these calls. What the actual hell...

Hey @therobbbyn

Thanks for the feedback, and I'd like to clarify that we can indeed register your number or email to our internal Do Not Call List (DNCL) even if you're no longer a Fido customer.

It seems there might have been some confusion treating your request and I would invite you to reach out to us at these channels to have this looked into. Alternatively, we can send you a PM here if you prefer.

Here's what you need to know about our DNCL:

• It can take up to 10 calendar days for us to remove your email or number from our marketing lists. You could still receive communications in the meantime. Once register, your email or mobile number remains on our Do Not Call List until you ask to remove it.
  • After registration is complete, you won’t get any more calls, mail, SMS, or emails from Fido or Rogers, but other companies might still contact you. If you want, you can also register to the National Do Not Call List managed by the CRTC.
  • You may still receive communications from other Rogers Group of Companies (e.g. Rogers Bank, Blue Jays, Rogers Media, etc.) if you subscribe to them. You’ll need to opt out for those individually.
  • If you update your email address to a new one or change your number, you’ll need to register the new information to the Do Not Call List as well.

Hope this helps Smiley

We don't have that information at this point, we'll get the information forwarded to the team in charge of our automated calling system.