sim network unlock pin

Highlighted
I’m a connoisseur PK002
I’m a connoisseur

sim network unlock pin

Hi I moved over from a previous carrier for about 8 months now, I was using own phone with the Fido sim.

All was working fine up until a month ago, now it is suddenly asking me for a network unlock pin. I bought a new sim, Fido customer service activated it and it is still not unlocked. Please I am paying for my service and I can't even use my phone. Its been over a month I payed for and cannot use it. 

Please and thank you.

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: sim network unlock pin

Hello Pk002,

Welcome to the community!

That's strange, where did you get your phone? Was it unlocked previously? Did the phone update and reset? If the phone is asking for the Network Unlock PIN, that suggests that the phone is now locked to its original provider. You would need to obtain the unlock code from the original provider as Fido would not be unable to unlock a phone/device they did not provide. Alternatively, there are some third party companies who provide unlocking services.

If you purchased your phone from a Canadian provider, as of December 1st, 2017, they will have to unlock it for you without charge. However, waiting until December may not be feasible for your needs.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
MVP
MVP
Solution

Hello Pk002,

Welcome to the community!

That's strange, where did you get your phone? Was it unlocked previously? Did the phone update and reset? If the phone is asking for the Network Unlock PIN, that suggests that the phone is now locked to its original provider. You would need to obtain the unlock code from the original provider as Fido would not be unable to unlock a phone/device they did not provide. Alternatively, there are some third party companies who provide unlocking services.

If you purchased your phone from a Canadian provider, as of December 1st, 2017, they will have to unlock it for you without charge. However, waiting until December may not be feasible for your needs.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
I’m a connoisseur PK002
I’m a connoisseur

The phone was unlocked before I moved over to Fido, but if there is a way that is was somehow locked again is it possible that I can get it unlocked by Fido and don't have to worry about this anymore?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5

Welcome to the Community @PK002

We won't be able to unlock a phone that's not ours. You'll have to reach out to the previous carrier.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
I’m a legend
I’m a legend

Hello @PK002,

Unfortunately Fido will not be able to unlock the phone for you because the phone is not from them they have no way to get you the unlock code.

You will need to contact the previous provider or use a third party unlocking service.

It is odd that the phone was working and then suddenly locked, what is the make and model of the phone and how was it unlocked?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation