cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was I charged for Incoming from Toronto on some days?

Rahim15
I'm a participant level 2

I was charged $23.50 extra for incomings from Toronto. I just wonder why I was charged for incoming

** Edited to add labels ** 

4 REPLIES 4

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Rahim,

Welcome to the Community

Were you in Toronto as well?

Rahim15

When I bought the service I was in BC but have recently moved to North York Toronto

Hello Rahim15,

Welcome to the community!

Did you switch to a local phone number when you moved? If you still have your BC number, you are outside of your incoming local calling area (LCA).

Firstly, it's helpful to differentiate between incoming and outgoing calls.

Your incoming LCA is based on the geographical location that is associated with your number. It has nothing to do with your own physical location at the time you receive a call. On the other hand, your outgoing LCA is determined entirely by your physical location at the time of a call, and has no ties to any specific geographical location, other than the one in which you're standing.

Receiving calls while outside of your incoming LCA is considered long-distance (LD). Making calls while roaming can either be local or LD, depending on whether the call destinations are within or outside of your outgoing LCA.

If your plan has Canada-wide minutes, then the LD charges for calls within Canada should be included. **edit** You should note that airtime charges still apply for all incoming and outgoing calls.** If your plan does not include Canada-wide minutes, you might consider the Canada LD add-on.

**edit** You might also consider changing your number to one local to your new residence.**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

If you still have a BC number and do not have unlimited long distance calls to Canada, long distance charges can apply while receiving calls in Toronto.

I'd love to take a look at everything with you. 
I'm sending you a PM