cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do i get additional charge if i receive incoming international calls?

jake856
I'm a participant level 3

hi i have a 20$ monthly plan and my friend from philippines called me a while ago using his phone. i dont know if i get extra charge for receiving calls from international calls. do i get charged for that and how much is it? please i really need your help thanks

6 REPLIES 6

cooltin
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

what is airtime?

zyx
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

@cooltin wrote:

what is airtime?

It's the time you're spending on a call.

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks 10yearfido and Paolo, you guys nailed it!

One thing I'd like to add is that long distance charges do apply when you receive calls while outside of your local calling area. Your outgoing local calling area follows you in Canada, but your incoming local calling area does not. Click here for more info.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

When u receive a call on fido, it does not matter if the call is coming from the philippines or philadelphia.  You don't pay extra.  The person calliing you from overseas is paying for the call.   It would be awfully stupid for people on fido to pay more to receive international call, especially if someone does not have call display and can not tell where the call is coming from, so in conculsion, NO YOUR not charged any extra. its the same as receiving a call from toronto, uses up your airtume minutes as usual.

jake856

thank you for your help Smiley i really appreciate it

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2
Where the caller is located makes no difference to your charges.