Telemarketing call?

I’m an amateur kimberlyhou
I’m an amateur

Telemarketing call?

Hi,

I've been receiving calls daily from the same number 1-844-277-6920. Sometimes 2-3 times a day for a week straight! When I answer, the caller hangs up. When I don't answer they leave voicemail where someone says hello? Then hangs up after. I have seen some posts saying this number is a scam pretending to be "Fido"? Is it Fido? How do I get it to stop?

Accepted Solution

Re: Telemarketing call?

Welcome to the community @kimberlyhou! Smiley Happy

The number is indeed from us. It's odd the call disconnects afterwards however. If it happens again, let us know so we can send you a PM and see what's going on.  

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 17
I’m an amateur ClienD
I’m an amateur

Are the telemarketing people allowed to ask for SIN or Bank account number for a promotional offer on Pre-paid?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 17

Hey @ClienD

This kind of information is not required for a prepaid account. 

Just to clarify though, if it was for a migration to a bring your own phone monthly plan ( not to be confused with a prepaid plan) this information could have been requested to perform a credit evaluation. A credit evaluation is required to have a postpaid account!   

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 17
I’m an amateur Conconc679
I’m an amateur

If you call them back, you can remove your phone number from their calling list Smiley Happy
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 17
I’m a connoisseur bananna
I’m a connoisseur

I've been registered on the DO NOT CALL list for 3 years and I still get calls from this number.

This is something that Fido should not be doing - especially when we all have to pay for Fido's unwanted telemarketing **bleep**.

Pull up your socks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 17
Highlighted

Hey @bananna,

I get your frustration and I'll be happy to remove you from our marketing list.

Ultimately, you can also block the number from your device if it's a feature that your phone model provides.

I'll send you a PM to get started Smiley Happy

For future reference, check out all the ways to contact us for account specific questions.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 17
I’m an amateur Kelly1483
I’m an amateur

I want them to stop calling but I'm not wasting my time calling customer service to get taken off the list. It's incredibly frustrating as they call upwards of 4 times a day and always when I'm in work.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 17

Hey @Kelly1483

If you'd like us to help sort this out for you we'll be more than happy to send you a PM! 

Let us know Smiley Happy 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 17
Discussion stats