cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive Bank of America's authorization code by SMS ?

DavidWu
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Unfortunately, i can not receive Bank of America's SafePass code by text message. 

From BofA website:

" Verifying your mobile number helps protect your account security.
To verify your ***-***-**** mobile number, we need to text you an authorization code to that number. Once you receive the code, please enter it on the next screen. The code expires 10 minutes after you request it.

You are consenting to be contacted at this mobile device using an auto-dialer for the purpose of receiving an authorization code. Text message fees may apply from your carrier.

Supported Carriers include: Alltel, AT&T, Cellular One, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile, U.S. Cellular®, Verizon Wireless. Message and data rates may apply. "

So fido is not included in Supported Carriers ?

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @DavidWu,

Welcome to the community!

This is what Bank of America website says:

Can I use SafePass internationally?
Yes, you can. The most reliable option is to use Mobile SafePass. Under normal conditions, Mobile SafePass codes can only be delivered to mobile phone numbers within the U.S. However, most providers do offer a way to extend standard SMS delivery service to international locations. Check with your mobile provider to see if this is an option.

Taken from here.

If you are not able to receive it on the Fido network then most likely it is not supported but we can get a moderator to confirm.

Hello, @DavidWu

I've been researching this issue as to why we don't receive the short code messages from certain providers. It seems that we participate in the short code programs that are approved by The Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA).

Current List can be found here: http://www.txt.ca/en/current-short-code-programs/

Traffic that comes from these approved programs are not filtered for spam blocking and are delivered. For example, if you do a quick search for CIBC, you will see many short codes for CIBC and one of them is for Online Banking Verification. So the 2-Step verification code from CIBC will get delivered to a Fido number.

Thanks, @KAPABLE-K for posting the FAQ.  Since the Bank of America's Mobile SafePass/Online Verification service is not listed with CWTA, hence, most likely the verification code is not getting delivered. 

mrsq2020
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I am having the same issue but with CIBC's verification code which is noted as an approved short code. I have contacted the bank and verified that the SMS request registers on their end as being requested and transmitted but no text alert is received on my phone. However, if I request the verification by phone to the same # is it received.  Also contacted Fido tech and being advised it is not an issue on Fido's end.  Note: I am a new Fido customer and had no isses receiving the SMS alerts with my previous provider on the same phone (iphone 8). Only variable that has changed is cell provider to Fido... any suggestions?

Hey @mrsq2020,

I'll send you a PM here on the community so we can look into this further. I'll see you there!