cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller 844 277 6920

trynittee
I'm a participant level 2

I have been getting calls from 844 277 6920 on and off for weeks.  When I pick up, the call ends.

Frustrated, I came online to research and it turns out this is a FIDO number.  I can read from previous posts that FIDO is confused.  Confusion doesn't instill customer confidence; it suggests you don't understand your own environment.

Whatever automated system you are using, please stop it.  It's clearly not behaving as expected.  I work in IT, and am familiar with systems going awry.  What is more annoying is when management/systems staff are aware there is an issue, the issue has been ongoing for almost a year, and still, end users are being annoyed and pestered.  That is Poor Problem Management.

I have resorted to blocking this phone number from my phone.  

So... where does that leave confidence in Fido with its customers?  And, where does that leave Fido in the future if it really does need to call me from that number?  =Communication is broken down.  However, the issue is with FIDO.  FIDO is letting an ineffective system run, damaging its communication with customers, and doing Nothing to fix it.

I have been a customer since 2005.  And in case it's not clear, I am extremely annoyed.   Usually, FIDO is amazing.  Your customer service is unparalleled.  I have sold many of my friends and family on FIDO just because one call does resolve the issue.  However, I have a low tolerance for issues that have been ongoing for a year.  And the only reply to this post that is acceptable is a specific plan/date on how and when FIDO is addressing it.  Don't post the annoying answers I've seen on other posts:  Hmm.  That's strange.  Or Have you stayed on the line?  

Track FIDO's outgoing call logs for that number, note the number of failed calls and deal with this.

Thank you,

C.  Allan  

58 REPLIES 58

cc143nc
I'm a participant level 1

I am still getting these calls and the last was yesterday, July 11 at 6:58 p.m.  The problem is still not fixed.

Hey there!

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at this together!

C_Dooge

Just googled this number to see what's up, and I find that it's Fido calling me and hanging up? What's up with that? The last three business days in a row.

You can put ME on Do Not Disturb.

Thanks

BrianDowding

Exact same experience here as well.

I've also resorted to blocking but they still leave messages of them hanging up after waiting a few seconds first - which means that they are also waiting through the voice mail message prior to recording a message of them waiting silently, then hanging up.

Add me to the DO NOT CALL list also, please.

Hey @BrianDowding,

I'll send you a PM for that!

Talk soon.

jmyoon

@FidoClaudia 

can you please also remove my number off the call list?

same reason as others,

it's really FRUSTRATING

Thanks

Josh

Hey @jmyoon!

Welcome to the Community!

Let's get right on that. 

We'll send you a PM shortly. 

dtkachuk

Please remove my number as well.

Hey there @dtkachuk

We can look into it with you as well. Sending a PM your way, talk to you soon!

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @C_Dooge Smiley

That's one of our outbound numbers from our marketing campaigns. The calls should definitely not be dropping though!

Have you contacted us to see what the calls were regarding?

Let us know and you'd like we can send you a PM right here on the community so we can take a closer look at things.

C_Dooge

This, right here, this is me contacting you. Yup, send me a PM please Happy Unless there's a better way?

Hi @C_Dooge,

PM coming your way!

C_Dooge

One of us doesn't understand how pm's work... Either it wasn't sent, or I'm not seeing it 😕

FidoFaiza

Hi @trynittee!

I'm sorry to hear your recent experience with Fido was not a positive one. The number is our telemarketing team and shouldn't disconnect once you pick up. I can definitely understand how upsetting that can be. 

That said, I will be sure to pass your feedback along to the right people. Fido aims at providing top-notch service to all its customers and we appreciate any opportunity that allows us to improve ourselves. 

Moving forward, do you want me to add your number to our Do-Not-Call list? The list is updated every 30 days and is good for 5 years. I do understand that you have blocked the number from your end already. 

I thank you for bringing it to our attention!

NixxMarie

Also been receiving these calls. EVERY DAY DARN NEAR! No one ever answers and no one leaves a voicemail. It just disconnects. It is incredibly annoying and I see that it appears to be a common issue with Fido. Please resolve. This is a great way to pester your customers and make them switch companies.....

Wrolston

Huh, I got a call from this number about a special deal on handsets. It sounded like a scam so I didn't talk long. I contacted FIDO customer support and they said that it was indeed a scam. 

Now I don't know.

Reading this feed doesn't give me any clarity.

Hey @Wrolston,

I'm sad to see there was any kind of mix-up about this. Calls from this number are made by part of our Outbound teams. They offer specialized deals that are not always available to our customer support team at the Inbound call center. 

I hope this helps clarify things a little.