cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid balance and refill

Harjas27
I'm a participant level 1

I am a prepaid fido customer and I am on the pay by the minute plan. My balance has recently run out. If I refill now will I avoid losing what was in my account? I had about $45 still left unused. 

3 REPLIES 3

luilui8899

Could I tranfer the prepaid balance to my existing fido monthly account? If not, is it any other way to get the prepaid balance back? I would like to cancel my prepaid account.

Hello @luilui8899 

When it comes to your balance, it will be necessary to contact our customer service so they can assist you.

You can find all the ways to reach us here.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Harjas27,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Sorry to learn that you lost the balance! You must refill your account with a minimum of $10 every 30 days, prior to your anniversary date. You can check out your balance and anniversary date at any time in 2 ways:

1. By logging in to My Account on Fido.ca:

• Your account balance and expiry date appear on the My Account Overview page.
  • To view a list of your last 60 transactions, click View Transactions.

2. By dialing *225 from your phone

• Type *225 and press the Call or Send button.
  • Your balance and anniversary date will be presented on screen.

If you don’t refill your account before your anniversary date, any remaining balance in your account will expire and be lost. You’ll no longer be able to use your phone except for emergency 911 calls.

However, the good news are that you can always restore your expired balance if you refill within 7 days of your anniversary date. So if you're still within those 7 days, you can refill and get back the airtime balance of $45.

You can also use the Auto Refill option for your account, so you won't have to worry about a low or insufficient balance anymore Smiley

You can read all about this refill option and how to register right here.

Hope this helps! Smiley