Highlighted
I’m an amateur

Call center scam

[ Edited ]

Yesterday, I saw the promotion for the LG G6 trade in and was very interested. I was also recently offered a migration plan so I called in about it. The gave me the plan and told me that I can get the phone in store the next day complete with the trade in promo. Everything was ready to go. 

Today, I went into the store and they refused to give me the phone or the trade in promotion. I called into fido inquirying about it and the told me that they should be able to give me it and to talk to the store again. They even gave me a interaction ID. So I talked to the store again, nothing. Proceeded to cancel the line. Complete waste of time. Hope Fido enjoys talking to the crtc instead of me. Completely unacceptable.

*** Edited to add tags and labels ***

Accepted Solution

Re: Call center scam

Hey @JaysonL,

Welcome to our Community!

This is definitely not the kind of experience we want for our new or existing customers and we're real sad that it led to you leaving us Smiley Sad

The reason why the store wasn't able to process the upgrade and the Fido TRADE is because there is a minimum wait period of 30 days (from the original activation date) after a BYOP Activation before un upgrade at subsidy price can be done. Within the first 30 days, upgrades can only be processed at full price. Sincerely sorry if this wasn't explained before you went to the store!

We appreciate your feedback as we're always trying to improve our customers' experience and offer a seamless experience regardless of the channel you're dealing with and I'd like to take a closer look into this with you.

I'll send you a PM shortly, talk to you soon Smiley Happy

View solution in context
Message 1 of 2 (113 Views)

Re: Call center scam

Hey @JaysonL,

Welcome to our Community!

This is definitely not the kind of experience we want for our new or existing customers and we're real sad that it led to you leaving us Smiley Sad

The reason why the store wasn't able to process the upgrade and the Fido TRADE is because there is a minimum wait period of 30 days (from the original activation date) after a BYOP Activation before un upgrade at subsidy price can be done. Within the first 30 days, upgrades can only be processed at full price. Sincerely sorry if this wasn't explained before you went to the store!

We appreciate your feedback as we're always trying to improve our customers' experience and offer a seamless experience regardless of the channel you're dealing with and I'd like to take a closer look into this with you.

I'll send you a PM shortly, talk to you soon Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2 (106 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation