cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Approves 2nd Line then Says No twice!

Hobbes604
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Singed up with fido just a few months back. I was told I could activate two lines, but at the time I only needed one, but had mentioned that my mother would need the second line upcoming after her prepaid Wind runs out. They said no problem! We can activate the second line then!

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. Call into Fido to activate the second line, and get my mother the iPhone 6s, they tell me no sorry, we cannot activate a second line. I was pretty upset, as I was already approved for two lines, and had it marked on my account.

So called back again today, a few minutes ago, to speak with them again, and yet again I was told I was approved, and then just as were we're about to start the process, she noted that on my account it was not marked down I was eligible for the second line even though I was already pre approved!!

That is twice now I have been told I can have 2 lines (once at sign up, and once again, but was before the 90 day period), now after the 90 day wait I am still told no again, even after being told yes twice.

Fido is utterly backtracking on what they promised me and offered me, all the while still sending me texts offering more to add to my current bill?

I want the second line I was already told I could have TWICE.

Really poor customer service fido. If you mark notes on the account at least keep your word and follow through with what was promised.

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Hobbes604,

I'm sorry to see you had this kind of experience. We definitely want all of activations to go as smoothly as possible to make sure our customers get the best service possible! 

I'd like to clarify that we need to do a credit check each time we activate a new line in a monthly account. The results of the credit evaluation is what determines how many lines a customer is eligible for on their monthly bill. 

These results do expire after a set period of time, so it's quite possible that a new credit evaluation is needed to verify if the eligibility of a new activation is still possible after a little while.

I hope this helps clarify things a little. Let us know if you'd like us to take another look at the options with you and I'll send you a PM. Smiley