Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

avoid over data upgrading plan

lucas_b_s
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I went over my data limit (2gb - $50,00) in 500mb and I want to know if I can upgrade my plan (to 4gb - $ 60,00) before the new cycle starts in order to avoid the over data fees.

Is that possible?

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoFaiza

@KAPABLE-K is correct.

I just want to add the following though as I think it will be some useful information for our Community members:

• If you are changing from a Fido Pulse plan to another Fido Pulse plan, over the whole cycle you’ll get the larger of the 2 plans’ data amount (meaning, the data usage is not prorated (only in case of changing from one Pulse Plan to another)). 
  • If you’re changing to and from any other type of plan, all your usage amounts will be prorated.

By making a change in the middle of the cycle, you also won’t receive data usage notifications for the remainder of your current bill cycle. And if you’ve already purchased a Data Top-Up this month, the cost and the amount of data purchased is added to your new plan.

Hope this helps!

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@lucas_b_s sorry it doesn't work like that even if you change plans in the middle of your billing cycle you will still incur the extra charges from your old plan and the new plan will be proprated for the remainder of the days before the new cycle starts.

Hey @lucas_b_s !

Normally we make plan changes on the first day of the billing cycle. I'm happy to take a look at your account and go over your options with you- i'm sending you a PM.

Feel free to click here to check out other ways you can reach us for account-specific questions Smiley